Dissapointed with Little Lake

issamhay

I fished little lake today from 4 to 8 after hearing good news about it. The whole 4 hours I only caught 1 rock bass and everyone else I saw didn't catch a thing, something must have been messed up with the lake. Anyone have any experiences with little lake recently?

I don't have experience with little lake, but I've been fishin' a time or 2. Your results for fishin' a lake for the first time are not surprising, and some days they just aren't biting. IMO you didn't fish enough hours to judge the lake, and you can't judge a lake by just one 1 day trip either.

you have got to break through that heavy weed with heavy jig and pic. You can also throw weedless frogs on the lily pads or run senkos over the pads. Although that lake might have quite a few boats on it most people haven't got a clue what they are doing and catch a couple of little 'snot rockets'. The fish are there they can be hard to find at times.

Guest Johnny Bass

I've have many 40+ fish days on that lake. Its been a while though. Try using a small spinner bait or top water(Especially buzz baits) pounding shorelines in the morning and in the day?Find some deep water with no weeds(10-12 FOW) and cast a black grub or black worm and the fish will hit it before it even hits the ground.

Ive definitly been fishing on Little Lake, and theres definitly fish out there! Something must have not been right. Try again! Haha. Lots of musky and bass.

I think we are talking about the Little Lake right besides the 400 and across from RVH, not the lake attached to Gloucester Pool :)

Any given weekend both rental places are rented out. That means there are around 20 tin boats and 15 poontoon boats.All boats are full of anglers.Do the math.

As for the fishing,Cudz hit it.You got to break through the weeds and get down where the fish are.

It was a great bass fishery,and still holds some good ones,but the fishing pressure 12 months of the year is heavy.

I have had a similar experience on a lake called Bowden Lake, heard great things, went first time caught a few small ones, went second time with someone who fishes it regularly and caught a load. Agree with GCD...sometimes you get lucky fishing a new lake...sometimes it takes a while to unlock its secrets.