Hit the Bay Of Quinte Saturday

PatrickGG

Hooked up with JohnnyBass on Saturday to do some fishing, the morning was kinda like a coin toss "go north or go east" we checked the weather network before leaving and it was showing Quinte to be the best place to be with all the storms rolling in from the south west, so off we went we got there a little late since it was well over 2 hours driving, we hit the water shortly after 8 and fished near the launch, Johnny hit off the first fish a largie in the weeds:

002oh1.jpg

Shortly after i get a hit and a line break :(

Afterwards we decide to find some weedlines and johnny hits off some more largies and decent size smallie:

003ga6.jpg

004il4.jpg

005uw9.jpg

and than the sheephead show up, i caught 3 through out the day heres johnny with his sheephead

006as8.jpg

On with the day i finally start catching some fish nothing huge but at least i get the skunk off my hands with a couple of largies:

007ob6.jpg

008ip6.jpg

The day was really slow afterwards, we traveled to a few spot and hit some really rough waters, Johnny decided to go back to where we first started and troll and his decision pays off he nails a Eye in 15 FOW

009qb4.jpg

we move to other promising spots with some weedlines not to far from shore and we start hitting some more fish and johnny even hit another nice Walleye and a nice largemouth and we both lost alot of decent size fish include one large mouth that spit the hook beside the boat

010of3.jpg

011ku3.jpg

Johnny's Walleye

012ht4.jpg

Some more bass

013uw2.jpg

Johnny's 15 pound largie :whistling::thumbsup_anim:

014dh0.jpg

:D

015dy5.jpg

016wd0.jpg

The end of the day the rain came in and we decided to pack up and leave the ride back was insane with tons of rain and downpours and a big light show and as for Johnny You gotta get that foot checked out it looks kinda bad

017bn9.jpg

Edited by PatrickG

Guest Johnny Bass

Ya it was definitely a pretty good day. Good thing I checked the weather network that morning and we made the right decision and headed east. Hit lots of fish. We caught alot of 1lbers we didn't bother taking pics of.

After a few casts on the broken reel I tried to fix, The jig and pig flies off. I didn't tie it on properly since I was just using it as a weight to fix it. That reel is finally fried. Quantum Energy 5E(I think).....It served me well.

Patrick sold me a reel. Put on a 3/4 of an ounce J&P and nailed the first largie of the day. Then I snagged it on a piece of wood. Now I gotta go buy heavier jig and pigs. Don't waste your time buying 1/4 ounced jigs.

Caught that nice Smallie dragging a black grub in 20 FOW. Picked black because the water was a bit murky. The hook was rusted and the fish jumped many times. The hook popped out when I landed it like it wasn't even hooked.

Caught lots of Largies. Caught a pickerel trolling a natural coloured tail dancer.

We were talking to a local and he told us there was no fish around his dock and to go downer. I insisted there were fish there as we had already pulled a couple of largies out. And after he left? I cast out a tube and get a hit. Bring it in and its a pickerel! And on the very next cast I had another fish hit, right at the boat. I think it may have been another pickerel. The fish took another 2 swipes at my lure.And swam away....

Patrick lost a nice pig. He was fighting the fish as I was trying to get the net free and there was no room to fight it. It jumped and spit the hook.

We wasted a couple of hours trying to go to hay bay, but it was unfishable. There were white caps. And the water was up and the weeds weren't as developed as they should be. Apparently, this year, the carp did not even come in to spawn.

I suggested we do an old pattern and it produced big time......

It was a great day out with Patrick and we will do it again soon.

Edited by Johnny Bass