Catching report

Whopper

Spent the weekend at my bud's place at Lake Erie. Got a late start on Friday and by the time we got there just enough time to eat dinner and sit outside and watch one heck of thunderstorm move in for about two hours, one heck of a light show until it got right on top of us.

We had decided that because of the storm we would go out and get a limit of perch and then try for some eyes, the perch were more than willing, pretty much up and down fishing Saturday morning with a lot of doubles caught along with a lot of white perch and white bass. Had to sort through a lot of small perch to fill our tickets with decent fish.

Perching001.jpg

Perching002.jpg

After the perch it was time to turn to the walleyes, we set up trolling along the border west of North Bass Island running a four rod spread and we couldn't keep rods in the water, started off catching two nice size eaters then the eyes kept getting smaller, it was good to see a lot of smaller walleyes for the future. Along with the smaller fish we caught some big perch (figures we already had our limit) and a ton of big white bass. Because there was only two of us on the boat it made for some interesting moments, we caught a ton of fish just not what we were after. Here's a shot of two of four that made it to the box.

Perching004.jpg

Forward to Sunday morning, my buddie's son came up and he wanted to do some perching so with the short amount of time to fish and because we did so well on Saturday we figured we could pull a three man limit in just a few hours, ....WRONG :D Seems the sheepheads wanted to play and we couldn't get away from them. Baaaaahhhhhhh

Perching005.jpg

Perching006.jpg

Perching007.jpg

We ended up with just about two limits of perch, ran out of minnows and the wind completely died and it was getting hot so we called it a day.

Another fine trip to Erie is in the books

:cheers:

Sounds like a great weekend Whopper :thumbsup_anim:

Do you ever keep the white perch or white bass for the table? How do they compare to a meal of yellow perch?

Burt :)

Burt years ago we used to keep some of the white bass and white perch, personally I much prefer to eat the yellow perch, Probably about my favorite to eat besides small eater size walleye.

The white bass are good but you have to keep them ice cold until/while you clean them or the meat becomes soft and mushy.