(NF) Canadian Warranty Corporation

I received a package in the mail a few weeks back from a company called Canadian Warranty Corporation based out of Winnipeg...It starts off with an offer id# and then states:

"If you own a 2001 - 2004 FORD, MERCURY, OR PONTIAC and if your factory warrany is now or soon will be expiring, your vechicle may still be eligible for continuing coverage under an UNLIMITED MILEAGE warranty

For more details contact the toll free #"

Has anyone ever used 3rd party extended warranty protection or heard of this company???....I had a few problems with my F-150 which was covered under the original Ford warranty (pinion bearing, ball joints, tie rods, steering shaft bearings), and it's left some scars with me as I keep wondering if I bought a lemon and what's next to go now that the warranty has expired....:wallbash:....

Any comments would be appreciated :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

Steve, I'm not real big on extended warranties either. They are usually expensive and have a list of items that are not covered or "may" not be covered, as long as your arm.

Bear in mind that most, (Sears, Future Shop and the Auto Makers), make more money selling warranties than they do on the products themselves.

John,

I'm reading the fine print now...initial cost of the "Expanded Warranty" for 12 months is $389.75 with a one time deductible of $100.00....here's a quick breakdown of covered components...

Transmission

Every moving part inside the transmission execpt rubber belts is covered, period. This includes the following: clutches, bands, pumps, internal shafts, thrust washers and bearings, governor, torque converter, accumulator assemblies, servo, transmission mounts, shift linkage, all gears, synchrohub assemblies, input shaft. All internally lubricated parts. (Does not cover manual clutch asembly)

Engine

Every moving part inside the engine, except rubber belts is covered, period.This includes the following: pistons and rings, rods and bearings, camshaft and bearings, valves, pushrods and lifters,engine head(s), block and cylinders, if damaged as a result of failure of covered components; oil pan, flywheel, valve covers, engine mounts, intake and exhayst manifolds, oil pump, distributor shaft, distributir gear, ditributir bushing, timing gear chains.

I dunno...I'm not that worried about the engine giving me grief...it's more the drive train and transmission because of the use of 4x4 my truck gets getting into back lakes as well as towing the boat around.....

So who determines the cause of the failure? I think this is where the problems start.

I'd suggest a Google search, there are a few reviews and they aren't very favourable, lol.

Edited by BillM

most times it's other things that go... wheel bearings, tie rods, brakes etc... and that's not covered

i had it for a year, and everytime what ever went wrong wasn't covered...

it's great if you blow a motor or tranny though...

After Patsy purchased her Subaru, she got a number of offers for extended warranties on this vehicle. We were offered this from the dealer at the time of purchase, but we declined. After we decided that we would be keeping this vehicle longer than the warranty period, Patsy started to check this out with the dealer. We got the extended warranty from the dealer for a much better price than these third-party folks.

That's a better call Rich. Original manufacturers warranty's are better. They stand behind them much more than the third party warranty's do.

Peace of mind is sometimes ok. But don't kid yourself-they do make money on these warranty policy's.