Brand Names at Dollarama?!

Rich

Hit Dollarama up the other day (figures I had very little cash on me at the time) and was very surprised to find they had Storm hair jigs and squid head hair jigs, as well as several packs of Storm lizards for a buck a pack!

I bought as much as I could at the time, but wish I had run to the bank and got the rest cuz that was some good stuff for a good deal.

I've never seen them carry anything but "Mako" tackle so there must have been a liquidation somewhere!

Keep your eyes on your local Dollarama!

Just found this posted on another board too, hope the guy doesnt mind a copy and paste hehe

"Not float related but...

I was in my local dollar store yesterday picking up some plastic roe containers when I turned an aisle corner to find an entire rack loaded to the hilt with new Rapalas, Blue Fox and Mepps spinners...all for a buck. Well, I was the first to notice the rack and by the time I was done with it...I really should have just brought the whole rack to the cash...between myself and another woman who asked me if they were any good because it was her hubby's birthday and she had forgotten to get him something we cleaned the rack.

Anyway...all dollar stores recieve the same items so it would be a good idea to check out your local store to see if the lures are in...by the way, I hit up Canadian Tire right after and was pleasently surprised to see that they had all the lures I just bought in stock and on the shelves from 5 bucks to 9 bucks..."

blaque, was that person talking dollarama or another chain?

the dollarama in Whitby (by the beer store and the mega super centre) had a bunch of the storm items (all still in boxes; from a shipment last month I was told) and the mako itmes only.

A couple weeks ago I checked out a couple of local Dollaramas. In Woodstock I found a few Storm jigs. In Stratford nothing.

I'm making a point of checking Stratford early each week. The good stuff goes fast. I'll let you know if there's anything good, Rick.

JF

this makes u wonder how much profit the chain stores, or wholesalers make out of us when we'r buying these stuffs at the "regular" price :)

Considering Rapalas at cost are less than 2 bucks.. you figure it out!

this makes u wonder how much profit the chain stores, or wholesalers make out of us when we'r buying these stuffs at the "regular" price :)

The wheels within wheels aspect of big business is too convoluted for even their management and directorial folk to understand sometimes. Why should we get it? There are so many levels of margin and markup involved in the average retail product that you'd be appalled to know what the original cost really was. The layering of taxes is a whole nuther story. The upside is that it's this convolution that pays many of our pay cheques as we handle the already thrice handled merchandise, and add on some margin for ourselves.

Funny how it's only okay when the profit's going to "me".

JF

The wheels within wheels aspect of big business is too convoluted for even their management and directorial folk to understand sometimes. Why should we get it? There are so many levels of margin and markup involved in the average retail product that you'd be appalled to know what the original cost really was. The layering of taxes is a whole nuther story. The upside is that it's this convolution that pays many of our pay cheques as we handle the already thrice handled merchandise, and add on some margin for ourselves.

Funny how it's only okay when the profit's going to "me".

JF

Oh I won't be appalled by it, not anymore anyway :) Few summers ago, I worked in an oversea government, full-time summer-temp job, in the department that processes all the import/export documents & declaration forms. I've seen the cost of lot of things as small as underwears, lighters to big ticket item like a Mercedes.

And having live on both sides of the planet makes me realize even more how much the price markup is. Real story, a textbook I needed to use back in undergrad for analytic chem was $105+tax here. The exact same book, written, published & printed in America, when shipped all the way to 1/2 way across the planet, would retail for ~$20 instead. Even if all that shipping were free and Canadian government had a 200% tax on book, still wouldn't close to explaining the price difference. It's all about conditioning the public and charging as much as possible.

Yeah, and this convolution also makes the rich richer and the poor poorer.

I heard they had some Vibra Fox spinners.

I just found the storm baits here.

Rapala baits,man you guys lucked out.

There are 3 dollaramas in Barrie. I went to all 3. The one downtown has the storm worms and lizards. I bought a lizard pack mostly because it comes with 2 VMC 5/0 hooks. I also bought a pack of 2 bucktail storm wildeye jigs 1/2 oz. At the store in Bayfield mall they had a bunch of blue fox minnow chasers I bought one. They also had rapala spinnerbait trailer hooks.

The south end store (big bay pt and yonge st). They had not too much other than spoons and the mako lures.