Northern Quebec has gone too far(Mont-Laurier)

My second week of vacation this August I planned on visiting my sister and my brother in Law at there cottage in Northern Quebec in a place called Lac des Ecorse which is about 20 Minutes from Mont-Laurier a popular area for fishing in the North.

I went last year and regretted not bringing the boat.

So yesterday I see the brother in law and he informs me that it will cost me $75 to wash my boat and put it in their lake :wallbash: Hello.......... :angry: You people are on drugs.

Its seems the locals on this little lake called Lac Gauvin 2kms long by 1km wide wanted to deter the 60 odd boats that come from elsewhere everyday and try and avoid evasive species.

After speaking to my Bro-in law I told him I will just go to other lakes and he informs me it will be the same charge elsewhere.

There are some places in the Eastern Townships where I fish that charge $20.$10 for parking and $10 to wash the boat.Which I find resonable and I don't blame them one bit for trying to keep zebra mussels and other evasive species out of the Lake.

I have now decided I am going to visit my Mom in Northbay Ontario where I will not be gouged :stretcher:

So screw you Mont-Laurier Quebec I am spending my money in Ontario.

I will not be buying anything at your restaurants ,your chocolate factory,cheese factory and the Maple products store.Not to mention the wonderful butcher I bought my meat from last summer.

Hello Ontario :Gonefishing::canadian:

Sorry but I had to rant and get this off my chest :blahblah1:

MTP :Gonefishing:

Edited by Mike the Pike

My second week of vacation this August I planned on visiting my sister and my brother in Law at there cottage in Northern Quebec in a place called Lac des Ecorse which is about 20 Minutes from Mont-Laurier a popular area for fishing in the North.

I went last year and regretted not bringing the boat.

So yesterday I see the brother in law and he informs me that it will cost me $75 to wash my boat and put it in their lake :wallbash: Hello.......... :angry: You people are on drugs.

Its seems the locals on this little lake called Lac Gauvin 2kms long by 1km wide wanted to deter the 60 odd boats that come from elsewhere everyday and try and avoid evasive species.

After speaking to my Bro-in law I told him I will just go to other lakes and he informs me it will be the same charge elsewhere.

There are some places in the Eastern Townships where I fish that charge $20.$10 for parking and $10 to wash the boat.Which I find resonable and I don't blame them one bit for trying to keep zebra mussels and other evasive species out of the Lake.

I have now decided I am going to visit my Mom in Northbay Ontario where I will not be gouged :stretcher:

I will not be buying anything at your restaurants ,your chocolate factory,cheese factory and the Maple products store.Not to mention the wonderful butcher I bought my meat from last summer.

Hello Ontario :Gonefishing::canadian:

Sorry but I had to rant and get this off my chest :blahblah1:

Sounds outrageous to me too. I am assuming there is a f/t marina on this lake.

Is this a provincial or federal law?

forrest

I guess that's the price you pay for living where the fish are so plentiful... even if you can't catch them! :w00t:

Come on down South Bubba!... The boat launch is free and ya aint gots to wash yer boat! :thumbsup_anim:

... we even catch a fish from time to time! ;)

... personally, I don't think there's that many fish in Quebeck any way...

Edited by Greencoachdog

well that sounds like a delicious place to go actually. do you mind bringing some of that goodness back to ontario for us to enjoy? :whistling:

I found the same thing at Mt Tremblant a few years ago. We went and stayed at my brother's condo in Sept. Dragged the boat all the way there just to find they wanted $40 to wash and $20 to launch and nowhere to park, just for a day out on Lac Tremblant. The boat never left the trailer.

I guess that's the price you pay for living where the fish are so plentiful... even if you can't catch them! :w00t:

Come on down South Bubba!... The boat launch is free and ya aint gots to wash yer boat! :thumbsup_anim:

... we even catch a fish from time to time! ;)

... personally, I don't think there's that many fish in Quebeck any way...

i'll come down, we'll go fishing for some nice black nosers

About 15 years ago I had a VERY bad experience in Quebec and that providence will never see any of my hard earned American dollars again.

HELLO ONTARIO where the folks treat you right :)

My family and I have always been treated like Royalty in Ontario ;) Because of this I have spent about 3K this year in Gods Country :)

I have never had to wash my boat, however I have washed many lures behind my boat :)

Gad why would you want to stay in Quebec anyways. Come on out here, you will be welcomed as long as you are willing to work and not whine. Lots of free boat Launches and good fishing, got to admit though I do miss bass fishing.

I know of a place in Ontario were the lodging is free the food is free the parking and boat ramp are free and even the boat and tackle are supplied.And the Salmon fishing is great.So what are you waiting for come on down.

Dan

Mike-we vacationed in Lac de Cerf a few weeks back and the charge was 20.00 (honor system) to use there pressure washer. There was a tag on the envelope you had to keep on you to show the camp/cabin owner to prove it was done. Last thing a small town up there is blue algae to keep all the vacationers away.

Show me ONE person who goes to Sask for a summer vacation-and HEY LETS GO ON A SUMMER VACATION AND WORK

Edited by darsky

Mike-we vacationed in Lac de Cerf a few weeks back and the charge was 20.00 (honor system) to use there pressure washer. There was a tag on the envelope you had to keep on you to show the camp/cabin owner to prove it was done. Last thing a small town up there is blue algae to keep all the vacationers away.

Show me ONE person who goes to Sask for a summer vacation-and HEY LETS GO ON A SUMMER VACATION AND WORK

WHINER

Mike, Lac des Ecorces charges $10 for a wash. I have a sneaking suspicion that your brother in law doesn't want to see you. :whistling:

Ya he wants me there Roy we get along great his lake really will cost $75 I also spoke to one of my customers today and he said his lake on his cottage was the same charge good to know from Darsky that some Lakes have reasonable rates.

I have made a change of plans I am Northbay bound August 18th.I will also be in Southern Ontario some time soon to feel my arms burn :Gonefishing:

hey mike... sucks to hear about the outrageous rates but most lakes in the laurentians and lanaudiere region are the same... i have one word for you GOUIN !! come visit me next year on your vacation lol :thumbsup_anim:

Ya its Sad Carl it seems its the people with permanent cottages that want to be rid of the day boaters who don't reside on the Lake.Darren did mention some lakes are reasonable but it seems not many.

THis province is getting to be expensive to live well the hell with them I am going to be In Ontario

for 2 weeks one week Camping on the Rideau River and One week in Northbay to visit my Mom.

Maybe I will those honey holes that Justin has for nice bass but will be limited to my canoe the first week.

MTP

How long can zebra mussels, other invasive species live without water on an outdrive, prop-hull? I'm careful with bilge, even though thats probably rainwater or occasional wave splashing in-don't want to be spreading the problem.

What about algae etc....if boat sits in garage for a week does everything die off?