Scugog weekend bass fishing

mike hagan

Well got out this weekend to the bog. and hooked into some bass. mostly out near the river heading up to Sturgeon.

A bass tourney was on so the fishing was a bit tough. but still managed to hook some nice ones.

Wind was blowing again and hard to stay on location , but just but the boat side ways and let it anchor its self on little clumps of Lily's and greenage.

PB so far this year weight 2.82 kilos. witch I believe translates to 6.21 lbs.

Felt good because I was fishing a weedline and one of the tourney boats pulled up in front of me and started to fish the front of my line ,came within 50 30 yards and cut of my route .

Stayed on course and just fished behind him and hooked into this beauty.

Could tell they were ticked when they missed that one , because they left just after that.

So hears some pics from this weekend.

fish__018.jpg

fish__017.jpg

fish__015.jpg

fish__014.jpg

fish__010.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice largie! The bog holds some really decent largies! Thanks for sharing! I wonder what big fish was at the tournament?

That is a big @ss Bass -- nicely done! I've only ever fished musky on the Bog, but had more than a few healthy largies chase down my bucktails....nothing like that big boy though. Maybe next time... :)

Thanks Guys.

:Gonefishing: Was not going to rant but could not hold it in and maybe someone from the tourney might read this and say something.

But please guys if you are in a tourney have respect for other people on the lake, and to those who do congrats,I know you spent a lot of $ on the tourney but would you pull these tactics off to another member of the tourney.

I beleive there is a distance rule from boat to boat ,so why not the little guy out there just relaxing and having fun. :dunno:

#1 headed out to a 400 foot streach of bulls and started fishing,no one else around within minutes this bonehead,pulls up beside me 30 feet and takes the line away, well pulling out 2 right infront of him was priceless. :lol:

#2 Left that area and went a little further east and was working the weed patchs big area with about 30 diffrent patchs scattered out around the area , drift the boat up to one to anchour me there ,couple of other boats ,far away fishing the shore line. finally a quite area. :)

Nope up comes the screaming bass boat takes a look stops and drops the trolling motor,and pulls right up to the same patch i was fishing . approx, 30 feet in diam, :wallbash:

Hey buddy the lake not big enough.you have about 30 other patchs you could fish.why this one I ask , no reponse just keeps fishing the same patch.Just shake my head and moved on.

#3 Went up the narrow channel just east of there and noticed the tourney guys fishing the south shore so I decided to hit the north shore . great no one on this side so just let the wind blow me east along the shore , 5 minutes in another bass boat screaming towards me from the east and to no ones surprise stops just befor me and pulls in front of me casting distance away and starts fishing right in front .well no where to go but drift right into him.

:thumbsup_anim: Pull out the big musky killer and start throwing to his boat , after a brief heated discussion we both left.

# 4 Had enough for the day and started heading back through the narrow channel,and just a I passed the S turn I see this bass boat screaming throught the channel behind me sliding it through the turns , so I get as far right as possible so he could pass , thinking he would slow down , Nope , full throttle 10 feet beside the boat full roster tail .

Had to almost beach the boat to not get hit by the buckets of water from the tail.Idiot. :dunno:

All diffrent boat .what has happened to the torneys these days ,no respect for anything on the water,I know a few guys that fish these tourneys and would never do this type of tatics but they are a older and wiser . <_<

Wish I knew what tourney was on that weekend because I would sure like to give my 2 cents worth.

Ok got that out feel better know next week will be looking at lakes without a tournment on it.

WOW. #4 was particularly ridiculous. By Googling "Scugog, bass tournament, July 19, 2008" I'm willing to bet you could find out what tournament that may have been.... :whistling: May not be at the TOP of the list, but I'm sure you will see a few BASS tournaments listed there.... :whistling: