A GRAND time bassin'

So, I decided to nix the ponds and head to the river. I had heard of a few spots on the river that were pretty good so off I went for a couple hours instead of dinner at my in laws....

anyway I hit the water and after about 10 casts i hook a really good smallie and it jumped a few times before spitting the hook. I couldn't understand how i didn't have a good hook set when i had hammered him a couple of times just to drive the hook home....anyway...that was 0/1

A few casts later and i catch this average guy.....put up a pretty good fight though!

IMG_4920.jpg

But the strange part was.......i felt like I was being WATCHED. I'm NOT a paranoid person, but I felt like everywhere I went on the river today there was someone or something inside the tree line behind me. I grew up in the bush and I know when things are moving in the bush and I could have sworn there was something there. I know it wasn't the wind.....it really gave me the creeps and i'm still uncomfortable when I think about it. It takes a lot to creep me out.

Anyway, I packed up and left and hit two of my favourite ponds but the wind and rain had kicked up so top water was out of the question......

Interesting that you felt eyes on you i fished the grand alot alone and i felt that way the odd time till one day i noticed a small herd of deer in the thick laying low and watching my move, thanks for sharing the report and i wanted to ask you how was the water clarity on the grand? just curious i was out there on the weekend and it was all washed out.

Interesting that you felt eyes on you i fished the grand alot alone and i felt that way the odd time till one day i noticed a small herd of deer in the thick laying low and watching my move, thanks for sharing the report and i wanted to ask you how was the water clarity on the grand? just curious i was out there on the weekend and it was all washed out.

I was waist deep and i could see bottom pretty well. A little stained but overall good clarity

At least you caught a bass there. Kinda urban fishing.

I felt like everywhere I went on the river today there was someone or something inside the tree line behind me. I know it wasn't the wind.....it really gave me the creeps and i'm still uncomfortable when I think about it. It takes a lot to creep me out.

Maybe you were being watched by some druggie teens who thought you were an undercover cop pretending to fish

but were afraid you were going to steal their dope? :dunno:

Guest Johnny Bass

If it had you that spooked, why didn't you check it out??lol Are you sure you have nothing on your mind?Why would anyone be following you? Just get out there and enjoy your fishing. And cut down on the stimulants!lol

Aliens, that's what it was, Aliens! :D

Or maybe all the pressure from being a cop has got you, time to take a fishing trip. :Gonefishing:

haha...no pressure....and i'm not sure why i didn't take a look....was in the middle of the river anyway, would have been a long walk. Where I was the river was maybe 60-75 yards wide. Not too urban, kinda on the outskirts of the city