1st Muskie of the Season

The Muskie season here on the Ottawa River this weekend couldn't come quick enough!!!...I fished my butt off on Friday and Saturday with no luck....this morning I looked out at the river and thought, hmmmm a nice chop on the water and it's overcast with the odd sunny period...so off I went again with a bit more confidence... :canadian:

Only took 1hr this morning to take the pressure off my back and the constant thinkin inside my head of "yur gonna get skunked Steve...yur gonna get skunked"... :clapping:

Anyhow, caught this beauty 49"x23" girl and what a nice way to start the season!!

20080622_0004.jpg

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

yahoo, that's a nice one man, must be in the 30lber range, that's gonna help our team!!! :thumbsup_anim::clapping::clapping::worthy:

you are gonna make that one tough to beat for the season...thanks for the challenge :Gonefishing:

We all know sometimes musky fishing is definately not a numbers game, but there is always that chance of catching a hog like that one that makes it so appealing, thanks for that big teaser

Nice ski. Good on you for not giving up. That what it takes. Must have been a great feeling getting that one for the first of the season. Congratulations. Were you casting or trolling?

Got that one trolling....95% of my skie hunting is trolling...I find i can cover more area at 5-6mph than casting here and there...besides, the river is really high still and the weed shoals are still submerged..

Very nice fish wow.

I am hoping to get on the Ottawa River some time this summer have no idea where to start but I will figure it out.

I am yet to catch my first muskie.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing:

Hey Mike...I'll gladly take you out here on the Ottawa under one condition.....any Muskie caught in my boat cannot be used as an entry for your team :clapping:

:P;)

Very nice!!!

I fish out of a deckpontoon as well and was thinking about installing rod holders for trolling.

How did you rig yours? A bracket on the fence?

reefrunner

Thanks everyone for the great replies!!...

Reefrunner, I use the double clamp Down East Salty rod holders and just clamp them to the deck rails..