Muskys and Pickeral! Lots of pics!

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report and pics!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Catchin the Wall-ices durin' the daylight hours is a trick I need to learn! :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the replies folks :thumbsup_anim:

Come on up GCD!! JB should change his name to JohnnyPickeral! He was nailin em'!

Sinker

Thats awesome! I usually fish eyes and muskies in the fall and they are always caught deep, Im just curious, at what depth were you catching those fish? I find it difficult in the hotter weather to locate those eyes sometimes. Any advice?

Most fish were caught on deep weed edges. 10-12 FOW. JB's secret lure caught them on a weed flat in 7-9FOW with scattered weeds. I find in the kawartha's, you have to be on deep weedlines, once water temps reach ~70F. Temp yesterday was anywhere from 70-73F. I don't have much luck on these lakes any deeper, until late in the season.

Sinker

Great job guys! I've met and fished with Sinker before....got us into some walleye and an OOS muskie.

Awesome catches for a day....I don't know anyone who wouldn't be happy with that kind of outing!

Hey Sinker....surprised to see a pic of a rock bass in there....but then again, how can they be unlucky with the kind of day you had....LOL.

Great job guys! I've met and fished with Sinker before....got us into some walleye and an OOS muskie.

Awesome catches for a day....I don't know anyone who wouldn't be happy with that kind of outing!

Hey Sinker....surprised to see a pic of a rock bass in there....but then again, how can they be unlucky with the kind of day you had....LOL.

Hahaha.......JB wanted a pc of his WGSF. Apparently they are highly regarded by some :whistling:

:)

Most fish were caught on deep weed edges. 10-12 FOW. JB's secret lure caught them on a weed flat in 7-9FOW with scattered weeds. I find in the kawartha's, you have to be on deep weedlines, once water temps reach ~70F. Temp yesterday was anywhere from 70-73F. I don't have much luck on these lakes any deeper, until late in the season.

Sinker

Thanks for the tip sinker, I will put your advise to work this weekend. lookin forward to hitting the eyes all day long.

Guest Johnny Bass
Thanks for the tip sinker, I will put your advise to work this weekend. lookin forward to hitting the eyes all day long.

90% of the pickerel were caught on white grubs with bright jig heads. Good luck!

90% of the pickerel were caught on white grubs with bright jig heads. Good luck!

Uh, so your secret lure only caught 10% of the WALLEYE :clapping: it's not all that great after all :whistling:

Nice haul guys! Thanks for posting JohnnyBass.

Guest Johnny Bass
Uh, so your secret lure only caught 10% of the WALLEYE :clapping: it's not all that great after all :whistling:

Nice haul guys! Thanks for posting JohnnyBass.

Well it is a weed flat lure. I like to burn and pause it right over the weeds.We spent most of the time on Weed lines. Plus I didn't use it much around the weed lines. Since the grubs were working fine.