*** Friday the Thirteenth ***

Clampet

Well I don't consider myself to be the superstitious type, but this is how my day went..

Discover this morning, I am out of white shirts to wear with my suit to go on a 9:00 interview. Call the interviewer, and figure, honesty the best policy, and request we re-schedule fer next Monday. He says, "Don't worry about it, come in today anyway".

So I wore dress pants and a short sleeved colared shirt. I drive there, I'm about 3 minutes late as I arrive at the underground parking lot.

I park the car. I lean over on the passenger seat with my elbow, and hear a crunching sound. :o I pull myself up and discover I just broke one of the arms on my prescription eyeglasses. B) Now I'm ticked. I say to self, "Now is a test of my resolve and ability to cope with stressful situations. Yeah, that's it. Yes, I will calm myself down and pretend nothing happened. I can deal with the sunglasses later. :)

So..

I make my way over to one of those automated pay to park machines.

Some other guy is ahead of me. He gets his ticket, and discovers he got gypped on $9.00 he put in. He reluctantly, slowly walks away grumbling, so I deposit what change I had in the coin holder, a coin at a time, and all I had was $1.80. :dunno:

The machine has a message on the display: "Insufficient money please deposit" or something to that effect. So now I'm screwed.

I reason out I could take a chance, but quickly dismiss that thought, turn around go back to the car, get in, start 'er up and drive back home. I come in and go to my daytimer on the wall to erase the appointment, and notice today is Friday the 13th. I know there are measures I could have taken as preparation, it's just that it seemed everything was conspiring to go wrong. Very spooky!

Had a slow leak in a tire, after 2 return trips they discover today that there is a pinhole in the rim! I've never heard of that before.

So I dismiss it and open a fruit bottom yogurt to eat while reading OFC, and there is NO FRUIT in the bottom!

Not as bad as your day, but still strange!

Tony

Well I don't consider myself to be the superstitious type, but this is how my day went..

Discover this morning, I am out of white shirts to wear with my suit to go on a 9:00 interview. Call the interviewer, and figure, honesty the best policy, and request we re-schedule fer next Monday. He says, "Don't worry about it, come in today anyway".

So I wore dress pants and a short sleeved colared shirt. I drive there, I'm about 3 minutes late as I arrive at the underground parking lot.

I park the car. I lean over on the passenger seat with my elbow, and hear a crunching sound. :o I pull myself up and discover I just broke one of the arms on my prescription eyeglasses. B) Now I'm ticked. I say to self, "Now is a test of my resolve and ability to cope with stressful situations. Yeah, that's it. Yes, I will calm myself down and pretend nothing happened. I can deal with the sunglasses later. :)

So..

Some other guy is ahead of me. He gets his ticket, and discovers he got gypped on $9.00 he put in. He reluctantly, slowly walks away grumbling, so I deposit what change I had in the coin holder, a coin at a time, and all I had was $1.80. :dunno:

The machine has a message on the display: "Insufficient money please deposit" or something to that effect. So now I'm screwed.

I reason out I could take a chance, but quickly dismiss that thought, turn around go back to the car, get in, start 'er up and drive back home. I come in and go to my daytimer on the wall to erase the appointment, and notice today is Friday the 13th. I know there are measures I could have taken as preparation, it's just that it seemed everything was conspiring to go wrong. Very spooky!

Ya really don't want a response to this do ya?

Left work to check out a site and the truck broke down, Took it in to get fixed and decided to take the other truck. So I get to the site and our sales guy measured the entire elevator wrong :devil: All ticked off I get back to the office and call about the truck, "it's ready". So I go to pick it up and they lost the keys!

So now my phone is turned off and I'm not leaving the house!

Today is the 13th??????????

Didn't realize that, usually I am off fridays, but both part-timers were away, so I had to go in.

But, nothing bad happened. I will just take next thursday AND friday off.

Ignorance is bliss I guess, :lol: :lol:

Just wait Paul... there are 3 Friday 13ths next year.... better build a bunker!!!

On a side note.. I lost count @ 49 OPP and York region officers on the west bound 407 today... it was kinda cool how they were pulling over groups of bikers... very coordinated.

G

Just wait Paul... there are 3 Friday 13ths next year.... better build a bunker!!!

On a side note.. I lost count @ 49 OPP and York region officers on the west bound 407 today... it was kinda cool how they were pulling over groups of bikers... very coordinated.

G

no kidding i came back from a meeting in markham and they were at every on ramp going west. wild stuff

cheers!

So..

... and that's why I spent the day in bed under the covers! :unsure: