My brother will make his return to pro MMA on June 20

For those of you interested, I posted a thread about my brother's first pro MMA fight at HCF: Title Wave. You can find the thread here

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16740

The thread received a lot of interest, and I'm back to let you know that Mike will be returning to action on June 20 on the undercard of Raw Combat: Resurrection, a promotion headed by former Hardcore Championship Fighting partner, Dave Houshiar.

Mike is a great wrestler, and has spent the past 7 months training BJJ and Kickboxing to help improve his overall game.

You can see a 5 minute interview with Mike at MMACanada.net or click the link below. Be warned, he drops the f bomb one time.

http://www.mmacanada.net/home/view/274

Best of luck to your bro Steve.

One comment that was very cool,he said,yer pop was not with the sport,but will be there to support.

Thats AWESOME. Support yer kids no matter what we think is wrong. To a point.LOL

Edited by misfish

The wifey and I are big fans... is it gonna make it to TV anywhere??... maybe we could post the video of it and make him our honourary mma favorite!!

Good luck to yer Bro!Its blowing up down here but I'm not a big fan.I can appreciate the skills but as an ex boxer I can say its not lucrative enough to YET to justify the after effects when 50 is lookin to wear its elbow out on your forehead.

Joe

Let us all know how great of a sport it is after your brother takes too many shots to the head and starts slurring his speech. There is a huge list ,and growing of fighters both pro and amateur that have suffered irrepairable brain damage . Will your brother be just another statistic? I hope not. The money doesn't justify the result. IMO.

Let us all know how great of a sport it is after your brother takes too many shots to the head and starts slurring his speech. There is a huge list ,and growing of fighters both pro and amateur that have suffered irrepairable brain damage . Will your brother be just another statistic? I hope not. The money doesn't justify the result. IMO.

Thanks for the support!

Notice how he is "making his return" ?

Mike is a national champion in both olympic freestyle and greco roman wrestling, his heart still belongs to wrestling. The problem is, he has nowhere to train 12 months a year for wrestling and needs something to keep him disciplined and in shape, he has found it, and fights like every 4 months on a normal schedule. Is it as safe as golf? Unlikely. Do we know the effects it could have on a fighter 30 years down the road? No, the sport is very new and is still growing. Is it much safer and better regulated than 10 years ago? Yes it is! Many doctors even believe it is safer than boxing. Brain damage is often caused by a fighter being knocked out, and getting back up after an 8 count and getting his adrenaline back and being dropped again. But again nothing has been proven, the sport is still young

If you dont like it, don't comment on it.

Sorry if I upset you Steve, but, This is a public forum and I am entitled to my opinion and for good reason.

I worked with a guy who was fighting while also working cause it didn't pay the 30+$ an hr he was getting. He took a couple of hard shots one night at the base of his skull and above the ear. Within hours he was showing the signs . He now is off on total disability. His balance is gone and he slurs severly and is angry all the time.

His kids have now lost thier dad or at least the dad they knew. Just doesn't add up.

I wish your brother well.