Bluffers Salmon June 6

perodimi

Sorry guys, I haven't refined my fish identification skills yet!

Rob, no I just went on my own because I wasn't sure if I was even going because they were calling for higher winds but as it turned out, it was a beautiful morning. It was hard to land because of all the gear and long leader - Rod up high and my new salmon net down low.

We need to hook up and have our own derby!

Peter

this is a coho i got last year i love catching them they can be so great to fight, i usually look at the tail because chinnys have spots all over the tail but cohos have them on the top and bottom no middle spots and the gums. in the fall they get some wicked colours nice reds. one year i just missed the ontario record with a 18.5lb from b-ville creek thats when it was 22lb or something DAM!! then it went to like 30 or something crazy lol

coho.jpg

Many boats fishing the Bluffers yet??? I thought the hot action was up Oakville way... I like the Bluffers nice launch and you do not need to go out real far to find fish. How many feet of water were you working and how many feet down?? Thanks. :canadian:

PS This is a Coho

11coho.jpg

Edited by Nitro Man

Hi Nitro Man,

Just me out this morning but after the cool fog lifted, I saw one boat further out towards the nuclear plant. When I headed back around 10:30, two more were heading out.

I caught this one right at the outer cardinal buoy south of the Bluffs in 100 fow on a Dipsey Diver, Green Spin Doctor combo with a chrome meat rig and believe it or not, grocery store bought herring that I filet'd to size. I don't have a counter on that particular reel so I can't say how much line I had out but it was about half my 25lb spool.

Like you say, an excellent launch despite the bird crap everywhere. I like weekdays when nobody's around and parking is free.

Cheers,

Peter

Sorry guys, I haven't refined my fish identification skills yet!

Rob, no I just went on my own because I wasn't sure if I was even going because they were calling for higher winds but as it turned out, it was a beautiful morning. It was hard to land because of all the gear and long leader - Rod up high and my new salmon net down low.

We need to hook up and have our own derby!

Peter

Hey Pete i am going out sunday if you are around and want to come maybe

Lou and Dad want to go out let me know

Rob

Hi Nitro Man,

Just me out this morning but after the cool fog lifted, I saw one boat further out towards the nuclear plant. When I headed back around 10:30, two more were heading out.

I caught this one right at the outer cardinal buoy south of the Bluffs in 100 fow on a Dipsey Diver, Green Spin Doctor combo with a chrome meat rig and believe it or not, grocery store bought herring that I filet'd to size. I don't have a counter on that particular reel so I can't say how much line I had out but it was about half my 25lb spool.

Like you say, an excellent launch despite the bird crap everywhere. I like weekdays when nobody's around and parking is free.

Cheers,

Peter

Keep me posted it is a 4 hour drive for me to get there. I make Nitro Spoons and have a few new patterns to try up that way before they go into production!! I love the Bluffers!!! Thanks for the reply! :canadian:

Now if I can only get BigCliff to show me how to catch fish on Sturgeon Lake sometime this summer...

Peter

I would gladly show you how/where to catch the eyes on sturgeon. Its easy once you get to know where/when to go. If your heading up this way, shoot me a pm. I might just be on the water that day anyways. I'm docked up the road from Cliff.

Sinker

Hi Sinker,

Thanks for the offer, I'd love to take you up on that. My boat will be in Snug Harbor at Lunge Haven again this season as we have a trailer at Nestle Inn down the road.

Cheers,

Peter