Reward for Jobs well done! KINGS

Jen

Figuring out ways to keep my three boys busy and interested in extracurricular activities outside of television and x box is always a challenge. So I have given them all jobs and they are now kids in training. Two of the boys are learning how to help out at the shop, from mowing lawns to serving customers and the third is going with Fishmaster on his daily charters learning to drive the boat…

His first day out I get a call at home saying, “ Hi Mom, I am having a really good day except I am a bit sea sick” That was an understatement, or so I heard when they got home… Yet he went out again and is determined to beat that horrible feeling some of us get out on the water. (Yes , I am a nervous wreck… but so very proud of him)

As a reward after Steve and Chris were done chartering on Sunday I got a call saying bring the other two boys to the marina and we will take them out to catch some fish…

What an amazing time… The boys catch fish, usually small ones so you have to understand that watching them wrestle with a salmon peeling line out on an 8ft Rod was a total thrill for me… There are moments when life just feels truly perfect!

After working all day Christian finally gets to bring in a fish!

SalmonwiththeKids003.jpg

Christian all smiles ….

SalmonwiththeKids002.jpg

Then it was Leylands turn up and his fish got off… boy was he mad.

Then it was finally time for Zachary ( little jigger) to reel one in (thank goodness it was smaller) It took him a good 20 min to get this beauty to the boat..

SalmonwiththeKids004.jpg

Now Leyland is up again and he has watched closely as his brothers brought in their fish and he is ready… WoooHooo Job well done!

SalmonwiththeKids005.jpg

Thanks so much to Steve for taking us out… The boys and I had an amazing evening out on the lake…

Cheers,

Jen

Bern it has been a pleasure teaching you and your boys how to fish ..wait till the end of summer and see how much they like fishing ..hopefully they will be good enough to snag my 840 probe off the bottom of Lake O ..lol

Edited by Fishmaster

Bern it has been a pleasure teaching you & your boys how to fish ..wait till the end of summer and see how much they like fishing ..hopefully they will be good enough to snag my 840 probe off the bottom of Lake O ..lol

and you could not have told her that on the phone or in person when she is spending time with you?? I mean you two are a couple we all know that... lets get real here... enough is enough.. call a spade a spade and stop pandering each other on here.... I can see why the other thread was locked now.... And I am certain her boys knew about fishing well before you "saved" them..Jen made sure of that I am sure... after all she does have a place up north on some water... congrats hero..

As a side note.. how many ads do you need in the members directory? 2-3? perhaps shoot for 4?

all stating the same thing.. word for word..

G

Edited by Gerritt

and you could not have told her that on the phone or in person when she is spending time with you?? I mean you two are a couple we all know that... lets get real here... enough is enough.. call a spade a spade and stop pandering each other on here.... I can see why the other thread was locked now.... And I am certain her boys knew about fishing well before you saved them.. after all she does have a place up north on some water... congrats hero..

As a side note.. how many ads do you need in the members directory? 2-3-4 perhaps shoot for 5?

G

Let me say this very clearly, as I have always and will continue to believe, messages of this nature need to be put in a pm ...

I come to this forum because I enjoy the people, the feeling of it being not only about fishing but about sharing life experiences. I value all of the people that post here and always have.

If you care to read back I have shared all of my fishing and some life experiences. I will continue to do so now and in the future with pride and joy. If the moderators here feel that I need to "EDIT" who I fish with, why and where then I am sure they will contact me directly.

My children read all of these posts... it gives them great pride to see that they are being recognized by experienced fishermen and women ... please keep that in mind in the future.

I help out at Steves often and meet some really great people... This weekend was no different and when I read this http://forums.fishontario.com/thread.jspa?...33&tstart=0

I truly wanted to share why with all of you but was worried that this would start... but seeing as it already has...

I love every moment of being outside, doing things with my children, teaching them and learning... and all I can say is thanks for letting me share it all with a great bunch of people

Cheers

jen

Edited by Jen

Bern you're reports are cool I have no issue with them..

it is when a fisherman for PROFIT comes into the mix... on a thread that was intended to be on a personal level with our members...

fishing with the kids is awesome... and they are great kids!! I know this..

but then to have that "special" someone in your life, say crap like "Bern it has been a pleasure teaching you and your boys how to fish"

I know this to be an absolute falsehood! as those boys had fished Long before you Steve... those kids could catch rockbass or whatever species till the cows came home... and were happy about it..

I wish my first post on the other thread would have went through but as I was typing it the mods locked it..

understand Steve you fish for profit.. no more no less... you fish for the almighty buck... and Bernedette and you are in a business venture together...

I was happy to read this thread Steve... until you brought two cents into it ... Pretty much pumping up your ego for all to see.... on this.. a personal post by someone your in love with? and in business with..

Highly suspect...

Steve post another post into the classified section just to humour me.

I see you for what you are.

G

PS... Bern keeps it on a personal level, something we appreciate.. perhaps you could take a lesson from her..

Edited by Gerritt

Congrats to your boys Jen, that's a couple awesome fish for them and their smiles tell the whole story. It's great to see them be able to tangle with big fish at such a young age and they'll have the pictures and memories for a lifetime.

I was looking for some info here a few months ago on a new style of fishing I was gonna try and Steve went out of his way to offer me what I needed to know.

and you could not have told her that on the phone or in person when she is spending time with you?? I mean you two are a couple we all know that... lets get real here... enough is enough.. call a spade a spade and stop pandering each other on here.... I can see why the other thread was locked now.... And I am certain her boys knew about fishing well before you "saved" them..Jen made sure of that I am sure... after all she does have a place up north on some water... congrats hero..

As a side note.. how many ads do you need in the members directory? 2-3? perhaps shoot for 4?

G

package_wcaps_butn.gif

Take 2 and don't call me in the morning!

Great report and pics Jen!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Well at least the guy that "fishes only for money" posts some great reports instead of keeping info confidential on Ontario FISHING net Community. Whether he fishes for money or not, who cares? Even if the pics were off paying customers and not children I stil think it would valuable information, Keep up the informative posts Jen and fishmaster

wow i seriously don't understand what the problem here is can someone explain?? And Gerrit u didnt apologize when u know her kids read these boards, i dunno but that would kill me if i read that and i was her kids. Jen and Steve you guys are great at what u do and give knowledge to the people who need it for FREE and that to me exemplifies what this whole thing we call fishing is all about. Who cares if he makes money fishing, wouldnt we all love to make money doing what we love???? Cause he makes money for fishing means he doesnt love fishing like U or I??

I for one enjoy Jen's posts. It's great to see young lads out fishing and doing the things boys are supposed to do instead of spending hours on end watching the tube or playing video games.

Fishmaster is a regular poster here and his posts are great, he's not shamelessly shilling his charter service or store here.

I think everyone needs to spend more time fishing and less time on their computers.