I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this

limeyangler

Just been browsing the topics here for a while, and cant help getting excited about the next time i can get out fishing. I found myself chuckling insanely at myself for getting so excited. I never, ever ,ever tire of fishing!! No matter how , where or for how long the expedition is, as soon as i know i'm going the buzz is there.

My wife laughs at me and says i'm like a 5 year old on xmas eve the night before i know i'm going on a days mission. She's not wrong either, i litterally cant sleep for excitement at the prospect and promise of an awesome day. Many a time even though i have been up till 1 or 2 am getting my gear perfectly organised, thinking i must get some sleep cuz we're leaving at 5am, I lie in bed and wake up every 20 mins or so to see if its time to go yet!

I just thought i'd write it down as it was on my mind, maybe some of you can relate, maybe not, i suspect a lot of you will though. Tight llines all

PS...although new to this site...love it already!

Edited by limeyangler

I spend between 150-200 days out there fishing for something every year,sometimes more over the years,and yep get excited every time, as a matter of fact I been sittin here all day with ants in my pants waiting for my wife to call that she is done work so I can head up to my trailer for a couple days of fishing...and heck this my 11th season camping/fishing there :w00t:

I think that I may have it the worst... every time that My Bro=in-law and I decide to go out I can't sleep and am excited beyond belief... the trouble is that 40% of the time my Bro-in-law flakes out and decides not to go.... :angry: problem is he is the one with all the toys... man I need a boat!!!!

Edited by bullybass

Yep...can't sleep the night before either until about a half hour before it's time to get up then I pass out :angry:

That's usually just on the special days like opening weekends, tourneys and such now days though.

So on those days I stay on the couch with the alarm clock set. Fully dressed. Coffee pot programmed.

All gear loaded. Alarm goes off, stand up, pour coffee, and walk out the door...perfect. :thumbsup_anim:

Hookset.

Yep...can't sleep the night before either until about a half hour before it's time to get up then I pass out :angry:

That's usually just on the special days like opening weekends, tourneys and such now days though.

So on those days I stay on the couch with the alarm clock set. Fully dressed. Coffee pot programmed.

All gear loaded. Alarm goes off, stand up, pour coffee, and walk out the door...perfect. :thumbsup_anim:

Hookset.

Hahaha......I see we have the same system going :thumbsup_anim:

:Gonefishing: Allright Now what have you done. Every time you fellars get withdrawls and get excited about going fishing I get the the fish withdrawls.So I grab my pole a few worms and head down to the river and torment the brookeys with a few worms .After catching a few and releasing them I feel better and go back to the house drown a few beers and I feel mutch better.Not nice to torment an old guy. Steve

• 3 weeks later...