Another Skunk

nautifish

Well headed out this morning to fish yet again. Got myself set up.

setup.jpg

I changed rods as i took two down with me. Also changed my set up crikey i don't know how many times....lol.......Three hrs pass so i move. Throw my line in again. Sat waiting. When all of a sudden i could hear these cute little buggas.

nuthatch.jpg

So i grab my cam and start to follow both a nut cracker and a woodpecker.....

woodpecker2.jpg

Neither of them seemed to care i was there and i was surprised how close they let me get actually.

So after chaseing these little cuties around for like 40 minutes...lol i decided to do some filming........Which is yet to be done and edited.

I also thought i would take a few scenery shots of the river. I cannot sit or stand for too long before i get bored.....lol...

grand2.jpg

Grand.jpg

hanging.jpg

So after 4 hrs of nothing. :( I decided to pack it in and head to toronto airport to pick up my son.

The sun was starting to set as i left the river so i took these picture also.

sunsetting3rdjanuary2007.jpg

sunset2.jpg

Tommorow i am out house hunting with my boy who just got back from Europe but am hopeing to get out again for the day friday. Its really sucky getting skunked like this.....I am beginning to think i am cursed never to catch a fish again....lol

Lookin' to 'donate' a good rod & reel to the 'TROUT GODS'? Leavin' it set with a wee stick like that . . . . and takin' your eyes off it . . .. . even for a minute or 2 . . ... YIKES!! Nice to see ya enjoyed yourself . . . . I generally get my camera working when I'm not catchin', (which is often) but if you've taken shots of one duck, goose or sea gull, you taken all you need! Sooner or later you'll cash in . . . . . you just gotta be there when the fish are! Keep those pics comin'!

Hey nautifish sounds like one of my recent outting also. No fish was biting so I started to wonder off with my camera also. :D (but I took my rod with me :lol: ) I enjoyed taking the photos rather than the fishing. :D

dsn

Just so ya all know, the Grand is closed for trout now til April. I'm pretty sure she was fishing for carp/suckers, or whatever else would bite.

Great pics Nauti, too bad about the skunk but I can relate!

Nope no trout fishing which is why i was not useing my noodle rod.....Just a minnow on a small hook seeing what would bite and as usual bloody nothing...I did try a couple of rapellas and nothing on them either....lol.......The only reason my rod was rested on the stick is because i had forgotton my rod holder and just wanted to take a pic.....lol :Gonefishing::D

Anyway i beleive we are forcast rain tommorow but the weather man is allways wrong so i will wait and see what the weather brings tommorow and hopefully get out for a few hrs. Would rather be outside then stuck inside especially with this weather we are having.

Happy fishing. :D:Gonefishing:

I love those pictures of the sun on the horizon.

Thought from the title of the post you had trouble with pepe le pew.

No worries about getting skunked. It happens to all of us.

Thanks for sharing nauti.

So after 4 hrs of nothing. :( I decided to pack it in and head to toronto airport to pick up my son.

So does that mean that if it had been four hours of non stop fish you would have left your son at the airport?? :lol:

So does that mean that if it had been four hours of non stop fish you would have left your son at the airport?? :lol:

Well i would not have left him there no!

But i may have been a few hrs late. :D:D

Joey if i do not catch a fish soon i am gonna blow a gasket....lol.........Am hopeing to get out for a few this avo. It is 13 0c here in PD. I left the house at 6.30am this morning could not beleive how warm it was outiside. So i may go hit a favorite spot of mine locally and try for some perch. I would love to take the boat out on the inner bay today but no one to go with me :( and i don't take the boat out on my own. So maybe if the weather stays fair and the winds stay down i can give her a shot out on the bay over the weekend.

That water is begging to have a spinner swung through it!

Nice photos.

Tony

Was out for a few hrs earlier at a local spot tony and nada zippo. A couple of other fellas down there also and nothing caught. Ohhh well will give it another shot tommorow at a different location. :D:Gonefishing: