Finally Hit The Ice Part 2

walleyejigger

first off a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone

havne't been around to much lately as i've been working like a madman thru the month of december but i'm now back to my regular shifts and actually have days off to relax :thumbsup_anim:

finally figured out how to post pics that aren't thumbnails

yesterday was my first chance to do some ice fishing and being that i'm don't trust ice all that much i figured i'd go a little north for some trout, drove to a small lake in the gogama area and was supposed to meet my brother and his bud on the lake at sun up, being his drive was much shorter than mine he should have been there before me, but nope, got left home around 6:15 hit the bait shop for 2 doz. chubs (8 bucks) OUCH :angry: then timmies for a coffee and a few timbits and off i went got to the lake just past 8:00 after a beautiful morning drive with the full moon setting down daylight breaking

with my brother nowhere to be seen i gave him a call on the cell for him to tell me he had just left :dunno:

so out i went by myself and they never got there till 10:00, there was about 6-8" of ice with an inch or two of slush and another inch or two of snow

here's the tranquility of the lake just after i set up (not a single ripple on the water)

med_gallery_540_75_27613.jpg

here's my first

med_gallery_540_75_58201.jpg

we caught 8 specks and 1 splake in total, missed quite a few at the hole and lots of nippers

here's our loot at the end of the day

med_gallery_540_75_1878.jpg

finally here's the moon coming up at the end of the day

med_gallery_540_75_10836.jpg

all in all a great day and glad to finally get out there