Beat My PB tonight

nautifish

Well after finishing work at 6.00pm popped home to let the dogs out too pee quickly...lol...Grabbed a pop and headed straight down to the peir. Got theyre for around 6.30pm. Grabbed my rod baited her with some fresh corn. Had my line in all of five minutes if that when BAM!! Something hit hard.......My rod bent and the line peeled off yet again but not for too long. At 1st i thought this fish was going to be smaller...YEAH RIGHT!!....LOL.....THIS FISH PUT ON ONE HELL OF A SCRAP.

I probably spent half hr if not longer trying to get this beauty to the wall. It was probably close to 20 minutes before this fish even surfaced. By this time i had quite the Audience.....lol....A very kind gentleman took the camera from my NETBOY mr sinns....lol....as he got down the ladder to net this monster. Two other guys actually had hold of him by the shoulders so he would not fall in when he finally got the fish in the net.....lol....This fish was so blooming big it actually bent the pole on our net.....lol......When i finally landed the fish as i said i had quite the Audience by this time & everyone started to clap.....lol...That was a 1st for me....lol...

I am guessing as well as a few others who were they're this fish was for sure close to 30lbs...The head on this fish was huge...It was bigger than my carp i caught last night thats for sure.

By the time i finally landed this brute i thought my right arm was going to fall off.......lol

I do have a video but am having problems with one of the clips downloading for some reason :wallbash: . I am really hopeing someone can resolve this for me because the clip i am having problems with is when i landed the fish. :(

BIGGERYET.jpg

BIGGER2.jpg

So fingers crossed i get this video clip issue resolved.....

Nauti. ;)

Edited by nautifish

Wow, what a beast, way to do girl :thumbsup_anim:

Thanx Hun.... ;)

Just think had a joined a OFC team and been on urs again this yr i think we would be kicking some serious (_(_) grl..... :D

what a beauty fish... Glad to see you showing the carp some love! hoping to get some carp loving myself tomorrow night!

LOL Jamie.

Gotta show them carp some luv ya know, for some reason alot of poeple seem to think they're ugly. :dunno: ..lol Good luck in getting your self sum carp luv.....lol :thumbsup_anim:

Thanx fireball.....Hopeing to get out tommorow evening after work also but forcast thunderstorms........If not tommorow will be out on my day off Sunday & monday. :D

Decided i am going to go get myself some scales a bigger net and a remember my blooming measureing tape....lol :canadian:

Doin Great....back in ON for a bit and getting all the usual spring fishing in. Switching gears and heading out for carp this weekend.

I'll be lookin for your FL reports, I always enjoy those. Loved the pics of your little lady you shared too! Great to see her and dad out fishing.

Sooo, what happened afterwards? Did Mr. Carp turn into a handsome prince and you rode away together on his stalion?!

That pick of you kissing the carp... Now I've seen everything! Priceless!

Still, a nice catch. Congrats dudette!

cheers

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

Sooo, what happened afterwards? Did Mr. Carp turn into a handsome prince and you rode away together on his stalion?!

That pick of you kissing the carp... Now I've seen everything! Priceless!

Still, a nice catch. Congrats dudette!

cheers

HD

LOL HD....

No no handsome prince appeared after the Kiss.......ohh well.....lol

and thanx DUDE......LOL ;)

Nauti. :D

Congrats on the PB once again! Wow that was quick :D. How good can it get when you hook this big girl after dropping your rig for 5 minutes!! :thumbsup_anim:

Just a tip I've learned from fellow carpers, when lifting these big fish out of the water in the net, instead of bringing them up using the net handle, point the net handle towards the sky and lift up. Use your knees to lift instead of your back. I think this way it will be much easier on the net-person and the net.

MJL has offered to give me free carp weights if i french kiss a carp the next time we go out ... hmm ... it isn't so bad after all eh? :clapping:

I've never been a carp fan nauti, but congrats to you on getting yerself your PB :thumbsup_anim:

You seem to put alot of time on the water lookin for those critters, so you certainly deserve to be rewarded with another biggun.

Just a tip I've learned from fellow carpers, when lifting these big fish out of the water in the net, instead of bringing them up using the net handle, point the net handle towards the sky and lift up. Use your knees to lift instead of your back. I think this way it will be much easier on the net-person and the net.

Good point Victor...I can just hear Photoz...

"NOT WITH MY NET...YOU DON'T !!!"... :wallbash:

Nice fish Tracy...

Edited by Beans

BIGGER2.jpg

Beauty Carp Tracy. Congrats.

Well, at least you remembered to keep it clean. :angel:

No sign of your tongue in this pic. ;)

Carp allways keep it clean you know me......lol :D & thankyou.

Congrats on the PB once again! Wow that was quick :D. How good can it get when you hook this big girl after dropping your rig for 5 minutes!! :thumbsup_anim:

MJL has offered to give me free carp weights if i french kiss a carp the next time we go out ... hmm ... it isn't so bad after all eh? :clapping:

Okay i would never french kiss a carp but i don't mind the quick little peck .....lol....There is a limit you know and tonsil tickling a carp is one of them... ;) ...lol

As for the net victor yes i know but if and when you see the video you will see why it bent. Now the part that extends will not slide in and out as easily anymore on the Handle. I need a bigger one anyway so i am not sweating it.

Hopefully i will be out again this evening see if i can get even bigger.......We have a spot here in dover where they come into spawn and they come in real thick. When you watch them from off shore you would allmost think they were sharks....lol......I have seen some monsters in there and i mean really big so i know he or she is out there........ :D

Moosebunk okay thats just wrong......lol :P

I've never been a carp fan nauti, but congrats to you on getting yerself your PB :thumbsup_anim:

You seem to put alot of time on the water lookin for those critters, so you certainly deserve to be rewarded with another biggun.

Well lew they really are alot of fun to catch these fish. I probably spent 35 to 40 minutes in total with this fish last night. I had an absolute blast, when they get to this size they really can put up on hell of a scrap.

Maybe you should give it a shot lew even if its just once. You might change your mind. :thumbsup_anim:

& thanx hun. ;)

F3 & MATTK Thankyou. ;)

Beans thankyou..........Maybe i should try and get Photoz to come take a trip down to my neck of the woods and fish for some carp. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by nautifish

Well managed to get out for 45 minutes this evening. Was really hoping to get into a even bigger carp this evening. Weather is just crappy water was choppy too.

Sopost to be a better day tommorow so hopefully i will beat my PB from last night.

Happy carping everyone. ;)