Conservation Area Pike Report

Victor

Went out with my dad to a conservation area for the first time on the pike opener. Launched the canoe at around 8am and stayed till 2pm ... fishing was pretty slow for us. Tried trolling on the canoe for the first time as well, we only had one rod holder so I told my dad to hold on his rod while I use the rod holder and do the paddling. Man, paddling with two people and gear in the canoe by myself wasn't easy at all...i had to watch my rod, and battle the wind to try to keep us going in a straight line. My hard work was rewarded though ...

Dad got the first fish of the day, a 17 incher... it's a small one but it's his first ever pike!

IMG_4155b.jpg

Shortly after I hooked into one, came in at 24 inches, a fair sized fish for this lake.

It has got a fat belly...we kept it and when I was cleaning its guts, i found a 6 inch rock bass in there. The WGSF was completely owned by this toothycritter.

IMG_4158b.jpg

What a nice way to christen my new saros.

As the sun went higher up the action died down, i caught another 17inch fish and we called it a day.

IMG_4160b.jpg

Orange was the hot color of the day ... wish i had brought some orange marshmellows :blahblah1:

All in all a great day out on the water and some father&son time.

Edited by Victor

Great report Victor!! Cherish these times with your dad....I lost my dad in my mid 20's...and I wish that I could fish with him again...I rest comfortably though, knowing that he catching monsters up there in the sky....and something tells me that the fish are never out of season.

Awesome pics! Congrats to the both of you on a great day out on the water!

Nice pike! Was the rock bass part of your fish fry? LOL

Does this mean you can cook up a fish fry on our road trips? Unleash the iron chef within! :thumbsup_anim:

Top Angling Vic + dad. Bring your dad carp fishing again this season.