Kawartha Walleye Opener and First Trip out on the Ranger!!!

Minnow

Hey Guys

Headed to the Kawartha lakes for the Walleye opener on Saturday and first time out on the Ranger fishing and it was amazing! Got up at 4:30 and we got there at around 6:30 AM with a overcast day and a slight chop on the water I knew the walleye should be feeding! First we tested out the Ranger and hit 61 MPH which was a blast and the Verado is so quiet you forget it is even running and the smoothest ride I have ever had!!! Now to the fishing we hit a weed bed in about 5-6 ft of water and were throwing white twister tails and small swim baits and hooked into about 5 fish in the first 45 min, no monster walleye but some decent eaters! Then I switched to a perch pattern rapala after I saw the walleye spit up some big perch. Bam we hit these couple of monsters the biggest weighed 6 lbs 11 oz! We caught about 20 walleye and kept the little guys for the frying pan and let the big ones go! Took some quick pics and back they went! Nice to see such big healthy fish in the kawarthas and my best walleye opener yet! The Ranger has been slimmed and is one hell of a boat! Bring on the Bass and Muskie season! Here are some pics of the fish!

WalleyeOpener.jpg

WalleyeOpener2.jpg

WalleyeOpener4.jpg

WalleyeOpener3.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report as usual! 61 mph? WOW! Thats fast! How much gas did that baby guzzle and what were the water temps there?

Hey Pure should of come up and asked I would have been glad to share what I was using! Looks like everyone had a great day on the water nice fish!

Johnny Bass Posted Today, 09:42 PM

Great report as usual! 61 mph? WOW! Thats fast! How much gas did that baby guzzle and what were the water temps there?

Used about $40 in Gas didn't do too much driving, but the boat was $230 to fill up, The water temps were between 54-57 F, the fish were on fire and we caught a few as shallow as 3 ft, they are feeding on the baitfish in the warmer water

Guest Johnny Bass
Hey Pure should of come up and asked I would have been glad to share what I was using! Looks like everyone had a great day on the water nice fish!

Johnny Bass Posted Today, 09:42 PM

Used about $40 in Gas didn't do too much driving, but the boat was $230 to fill up, The water temps were between 54-57 F, the fish were on fire and we caught a few as shallow as 3 ft, they are feeding on the baitfish in the warmer water

Yikes!I heard they guzzled gas. Seems like the water was a little warmer where you guys were at. And we caught ours in mostly 7-12 feet of water. I usually don't target pics this early in the year.I will try a little shallower next time. Thanks!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Hey.....I'm pretty sure I talked to you on friday evening out there. You guys were fishing panfish in the channel......I stopped by in my aluminum and asked how you were making out.....was that you?? I think you even launched in my marina on saturday?

Nice haul on the big ones.......those are beauties!!

Glad to hear the boat performed well for ya......but......what did you expect from a Ranger!!!

Maybe I'll see you guys again out there.

Sinker

Hey.....I'm pretty sure I talked to you on friday evening out there. You guys were fishing panfish in the channel......I stopped by in my aluminum and asked how you were making out.....was that you?? I think you even launched in my marina on saturday?

Nice haul on the big ones.......those are beauties!!

Glad to hear the boat performed well for ya......but......what did you expect from a Ranger!!!

Maybe I'll see you guys again out there.

Sinker

Hey Sinker didn't know that was you, nice to meet you on the water, we were tryin for crappie since that was the only thing open on friday and only caught perch and sunfish, launched out of the marina on saturday and fished not too far from the marina around the weed flat first time fishing the lake so didnt expect to catch much but to my suprise we were on them and they were biting, great fishing and nice to meet you and hopefully see you again on the water and I will definately be back to that lake after that kind of fishing!

Full open throttle is actually part of the break in, lots of fun!