Channel Cats on the FEED

Rich

We got into a bunch last night, just an awesome night. Like the old days! Neither of us really keep more than one cat a year. However, these fish weren't kept for us, Sleded had a friend from work who said he'd take whatever we could get him. Guess he was happy to see our haul! After dragging that stringer around with that much weight, we both agreed Mr. Tran can catch his own fish next time. LOL

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01469.jpg

Wow, those catfich are big.

We used to eat other smaller similar catfish species farm fed nothing over a lb, and they taste good. However, seeing the way they were presented from your picture . I will only eat them if there is a war and a food shortage.

Maybe those leaves are Basil leaves and some black pepper used to marinade them with! Can't tell from the picture.

Nowhitebucket... they're actually 5 fish away from ONE persons limit with a sports licence. Rich and Sleded could have had 24 fish on that tail gate to do what they chose with.

Yes.. you can give your fish to anyone..and they don't even need a fishing license to possess them.

No... they can't be fined for anything they've done and you really need to sit down and read the regs if you think otherwise. Hell if you're so concerned call the MNR yourself to get them charged.

Rich/Sleded... can you fish for something a little prettier next time though?

no whitebucket .....you ought to read your regulations and not just read but to really understand them, so you don't go on accusing people of any wrong doing falsely. make sure it's the 2008 to be sure your reading the right one, see page 7 under catch and possesion limits.

the statement fishing ain't what it used to be can be because of a lot of diff. reasons, not just due to over fishing. i think most of it is due to climate change but hey that's my take on it.

a little back pedalling there nowhitebucket, you had to throw the "moral issue". i am by no means a supporter of over fishing, in fact i practice catch and release, but why are you so mad at mr tran? sure over harvesting can destroy a population, but i don't think the weekend angler is taking all of it, those who do ought to be punished. these guys maybe, were just being nice to mr tran, ok here's some.

climate change is not just bec it's not cold enough or warm enough, it's the whole damn ecosystem. just last year i was at my river that i've been fishing for years, water levels have been at the lowest the same as other places.

your looking at it at a very narrow scope, the fact of the matter is we all play a role in this.people are too used to the comfort that making a simple lifestyle change is so hard.

so you go ahead and cast the first stone if you haven't played a part in it.

As always moral issuses have no place on these sites, Im sure Mr. Tran needs the free fish, and is thankful that he doesnt need to buy a fishing licence to have all the fish he wants, but hey blame it on the weather cus over harvesting and over fishing could never be the cause of less fish. So when his little girl asks him in 30 years how come we dont catch fish like we used to, he and all the rest that practice this can reply, its just because the weather has just been to COLD lately. Good to know that when a guy dont have his own WhiteBucket someone will fill thiers and give it to them.

Wonder if he took the time to clean them up a little before he gave them to him or the discusting pictures were just to show all of us what a great outdoorsman he is, the only thing missing is the smoke hangin out of his mouth, cus thats COOL

Over fishing and over harvesting are nothing new. I'm sure you know that??!!?? What these fellas have done is well within their rights. You'd prefer to see a pile of fish purchased at a store???? Well......news for you buddy......do a little research on over harvesting of fish in the places you don't or can't fish, such as commercial operations.......and have a little read about some fish farming........both completely obliterate countless populations each year.

Regardless of anything......there are more and more humans every day, and less and less fish every day........fact of life!!! Unavoidable!

Congrats on the catch Rich........you should probably keep one for yourself and make some black cats on the BBQ!!!! Tasty waisty man!!

As always moral issuses have no place on these sites, Im sure Mr. Tran needs the free fish, and is thankful that he doesnt need to buy a fishing licence to have all the fish he wants, but hey blame it on the weather cus over harvesting and over fishing could never be the cause of less fish. So when his little girl asks him in 30 years how come we dont catch fish like we used to, he and all the rest that practice this can reply, its just because the weather has just been to COLD lately. Good to know that when a guy dont have his own WhiteBucket someone will fill thiers and give it to them.

Wonder if he took the time to clean them up a little before he gave them to him or the discusting pictures were just to show all of us what a great outdoorsman he is, the only thing missing is the smoke hangin out of his mouth, cus thats COOL

Anyone takin' bets on how long this Scungilli will last around here?

WOW BIG BUSINESS IS DOING IT SO WHY NOT THE LITTLE GUY, WITH ATTITUDES YOUR GENERATION HAS, ITS GOOD TO KNOW THAT WHEN EVERYTHING IS GONE THAT YOU ALL WILL HAVE SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME IT ON, THIS DEBATE IS LIKE EVERY OTHER ONE, FIND ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT TO JUSTIFY YOUR ACTIONS, BUT I DONT THINK OUR RESOURCES CAN OR SHOULD FEED EVERY MR TRAN OUT THERE.

GOOD SYSTEM FOR THE FUTURE, I DONT WANT THE FISH BUT SOMEONE ELSE WILL TAKE ALL I CAN CATCH, SO LIKE EVERYONE HERE SEEMS TO THINK, GREAT FISH,FANTASTIC POST,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,AND HEY WHY NOT OPEN UP A THREAD HERE AND IF ANYONE WANTS SOME FREE FISH,WE ALL CAN GO FISHIN.

OMG!!! NWB is CC in disguise!!! :rolleyes:

No offense to the real CC please! ;)

We got into a bunch last night, just an awesome night. Like the old days! Neither of us really keep more than one cat a year. However, these fish weren't kept for us, Sleded had a friend from work who said he'd take whatever we could get him. Guess he was happy to see our haul! After dragging that stringer around with that much weight, we both agreed Mr. Tran can catch his own fish next time.

I missed the part in the Regs. where my licence has a part where I can go out and catch a limit for someone else. So please explain how this affects your poss. limit. Yup the pics arnt the only dirty part of this post. But hey if you dont keep them yourself I guess your not really hurting the resource :wallbash:

what about Mr Tran dont you need a licence to poss. game fish in Ontario, or lets just fill the freezers of people that dont even put a penny into the resources, but hey if you dont have your own white bucket, someone will fill it for free so you dont even have to buy a licence

FUNNY HOW HE EVEN SAYS THE FISHING WAS LIKE IT USED TO BE, BUT HE IS FILLING SOMEONES ELSES FREEZER AND WONDERING WHY THE FISHING ISNT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE. WOW ISNT THERE A THREAD ON THIS SITE ABOUT BEFORE YOU BREED YOU SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE SOME KIND OF A TEST(FISHERMAN ATTACKED,CLAMP-IT)

I learned a looooong time ago (back in my youth... musta been 5 or 6 yrs. ago) that it's far better to keep your mouth shut and let people assume you're stupid... than to open it and confirm their suspicions!

gee coach with your 5318 posts, im sure most here have often wondered, why you dont build rockets for a living, but hey posting 5318 times is kinda like keepin your mouth shut,WOW cant wait for the next NOT stupid thing you might post, but at 5318 posts im sure i aint got to wait long.

Most of the stupid things I post are quotes from Idjit Galoots... like you!!! :w00t:

... shouldn't you be studying the regs so you don't embarrass yourself again? :rolleyes:

yuppers you to smart for me, but hey have fun in Canada this summer raping our resources, because the funny thing about the White Bucket thinking is that good ole americans like yourself are the absolute worst group there is, look at any camp site ads and you will see americans with countless numbers of fish, but hey why should I really give a poop about the resources, because the sooner we empty all the lakes the sooner we dont have all the geniuses like you telling us what we should do, but than again when all the wildlife is gone your still going to have to take some lady folk home to help with that inbreeding problem( or wait thats already been done) should be good for another couple generations

I dont think GCD has ever taken a fish home from Canada yet in the last few years I have fished with him.I also know that the resources in the lower 48 are not so raped as you think.I have seen more than a few postst from my northern brothers enjoying the largemouth and striper fishing down here.For the same reasons I enjoy catching(and releasing)Esox from the north.I would like to know what your usual handle is here and why you are posting under an alias.Rich has had guys crawl out from under the rocks to bash him before and I suspect you are one of them.Nice cats Rich and dont worry about depleteing them in many of our lifetimes.They are survivors....like cockroaches you can eat!

Joe

So lemme get this straight....the limit for the two of them is 24 and they took home 7? Wow...talk about over harvesting a species who's numbers aren't even endangered.

I feel bad for taking home 2 perch my 6 year old caught today for a fish fry.

On the other side...

WOOHOO!!!! Great job guys...that's quite the night you guys had out there. I'd love to get out to a real catfish spot like that and catch my limit!