Fly Fishing the Niagara P.B (pics)

315201923.jpg

Took a hike with the Fly Rod the other day down to the glen! :o My "Personal Best" day on the fly.

315201921.jpg

Talk about being at the right place at the right time!!! current water temps are 44 degrees, fish are jumping and fight like crazy!!!

Went solo, this pic was taken by a guy walking by......

315201918.jpg

Egg flies took all my fish.

Rivers rockin!!! best bite since the fall!!!

see you on the river,

Paul Castellano

Cast Adventures

Well done on the brute especially with the fly rod. My dad and I are planning a trip down there in the near future. The first pic is definitely an inspiration.

WTG

A couple questions I have:

Are you rigging up with shooting heads, full sinking, sink tips or just plain weighted flies + split shot to get down? Are cleats mandatory or can I get away with felt soles? Thanks

Well done on the brute especially with the fly rod. My dad and I are planning a trip down there in the near future. The first pic is definitely an inspiration.

WTG

A couple questions I have:

Are you rigging up with shooting heads, full sinking, sink tips or just plain weighted flies + split shot to get down? Are cleats mandatory or can I get away with felt soles? Thanks

From shore:

I like to use floating line with fast and extra fast 10 foot sink tips on the niagara. Works well. That day i used a sink tip with one split shot 24" above the egg fly.

From the Boat:

Jim Teeny lines, #7, 24 foot 300 grain sink tips

Felt soles will work fine when the ice and snow are gone.

Good Luck!

Cast Adventures

Edited by Cast Adventures

For non-fly fisherpeople....would bottom bouncing be recommended in here with egg flies, or are we better off to sink some lead under a float? Also curious if there is any decent shore access below the whirlpool...I got down there a few years ago and was relatively successul bottom bouncing eggs.