Compact Cars

I've got a 2003 Honda Civic, 4 door, 5 speed - that site says I get 31 city, 39 hwy but I dont kwno how accurate that really is.

I can probably get about 450km a tank in the city, and maybe 600km highway if im lucky.

Edited by mepps

I have a 2005 Civic 4dr 5spd.

The last 2 times I checked the milage I'm getting 39-42 MPG (hwy)but only if I stay between 100- 110 km/hr . If I'm pushing 120km/hr the milage drops considerably (in the low 30 range).

95% of my driving is hwy so I can't say for sure on the city .

97 GM sonoma pick-up 4 banger with a 5 speed.

around 60 bucks to fill up at $1.20

I get about 750kms on the highway.

Dang must be nice!

I have a 99 Chevy Xtreme, 4.3 L, V6 and costs the same to fill it, but I MIGHT get 525km per tank.

I didnt think the difference between a V4 and V6 would be that much!!

The V6 handles my boat without any issues though.

truck_boat.jpg

A nice fuel consumption converter from anything to anything else

2000 Honda Civic (4 cyl, 1.6L), 99% city, about 11.5L/100KM winter and 9L/100KM summer. 90% of less than 10km trips.

1993 Honda Del Sol (4 cyl, 1.5L), 99% city, about 9L/100KM winter, 7L/100KM summer, 90% of less than 10km trips. (<6L/100KM on pure highway)

Some of the mileage measurements above have me questioning how everyone is calculating it.... it has to be done consistently and over a large amount of mileage to be accurate...

I drive about 75% HWY / 25% city and with my present and past rides here is how it looks:

2001 Buick Century, over 380,000Km, 8.8 L/100Km (26.7 MPG)...

2004 Buick LeSabre, so far over 180,000Km, 9.8 L/100Km (24 MPG)...

Burt :)

The car goes about 120km round trip to work, unfortunatly all the kids and dog don't fit in it, so the durango is driven more often, The durango gets about 10mpg in town and around 20-23 mpg on the hwy, the funny thing is even when towing the boat I still get about the same milage in the durango.

Hmmm, mpg? What's that? :whistling: I haven't come across a gas station in Canada so far that can tell me how many gallons I bought. And all of our cars and trucks track distance in kilometres.

Wow, it's amazing how many people still think in imperial measurements after 30 years. My math is bad so I stick to litres and kilometres. And I get totally confused when the prices in the US are per gallon and their US gallon is different from the old canadian imperial gallon.

My 98 Civic = 10 litres per 100km in the city.

To make all the metric people happy :)

4.28 litres per 100km on the highway. (Average)

4.15 litres per 100km on the highway. (Best tank)

Aaah, thats more like it. :thumbsup_anim: And that's darned good mileage (kilometerage?) you're getting.

Edited by lazybum