Sturgeon Lake Water Temp. = COLD

Big Cliff

Nice day, sun is shining, decided to hook up my irrigation system: Everything went according to plan, hooked up the pump, intake line, just had to put the foot valve out in the lake. It's Ok, the water is only up to my knees, no problem so I waded out , set up the intake, stood back and admired my setup. I turned to head back to shore, slipped on a rock, fell over my marine railway and ended up swimming. DAM THAT WATER IS STILL COLD! My buddy (if you know what I mean) pulled a turtle and I doubt I'll see him for a few hours (he doesn't like cold LOL). Nothing hurt but my pride but I am starting to think this kind of work is best suited to the younger guys LOL. Anyway just had my first swim of the season and probably the first swim anywhere in Sturgeon Lake this year! Glad there was no one there with a video camera or that one would have gotten posted on the internet as "what not to do"! LOL

As long as you're not hurt, Cliff. You have decent neighbours then I guess cause when I slipped and fell on the ice 2 years ago while shovelling the driveway I was embarassed as hell and didn't want look around to see if the neighbours had seen me fall. Finally, on my way back into the garage I got the courage to take a peek across the road and saw three of my scum neighbours holding up signs. 9.9, 9.8 and 7.6. I owe them big time.

I'd bet its cold!!!

I usually wait until the may 24 for my annual swim in the lake........even then its FREEZING!!

I think its gonna be a tough crappie bite next weekend!!

If you need a hand with that kind of stuff Cliff, don't be afraid to ask. I'm sure me and the kids would have had a great day helping you set that up!! Same deal for your docks.......I'm ready, able and willing!!

Sinker

Hey cliff been there done that !!!!. :dunno::blink: ..i fell off the dock into pigeon lake once on the easter weekend,and there was still ice in spots on the lake,i slipped on some ice on the dock and in i went !!!! man that was sure cold,so i feel for ya man !! glad you were not hurt...but its one of lifes funny moments thats for sure,when i fell there was about 5 people around,i didnt live it down for years...... :clapping::lol::PB)