Just got back from getting a reel spooled...

Wendel

Well, maybe we will wait til next weekend....

We are both dying to get the boat out though lol

I'm in the same boat! I have the weekend off so that I can go down to the bay but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen!

I hope they didn't charge you for installation - the rod on the right has the reel on backwards.

Are those the new Rapala linecounters?

-Brian

Actually I put it on backwards myself... I was wondering how long it would be before someone noticed lol

With a title like that I was expecting a story worthy of Hemingway, about the fight of your life. Good to see it was just some money lost. Need someone to use that other rod and dippsy?

Ha....I was thinking the same thing. Expected to be reading the story of a huge one that got away..........

Sinker

And this is what I end up with lol

goodies.jpg

And a ton of information.

Thinking about going out for some pike in Longpoint Bay tomorrow.... Should be fun!

Another guy who isn't worried about photographing the evidence.

I dropped in to the Fishing Store in Stratford (run by a protege of Joslyn's from Woodstock) the other day and walked out with a Quantum baitcaster combo and an Okuma flyrod setup. He had too many great deals. I'm becoming adept at mixing the new stuff up with the old in my toy room downstairs so She Whom I Fear The Most doesn't catch on. She still thinks my rod/reel sets cost $19.95 at CTC or Gander Mountain.

One thing about fishing - it's sure a lot cheaper than scuba diving. I just sold a lot of my coldwater & cave type dive gear, so I could be buying great fishing stuff for quite a few years with what I got. She doesn't have any sympathy with that argument though. She wants to fritter away the money on new furniture for the pool yard and new floor covering for the back deck.

JF

Another guy who isn't worried about photographing the evidence.

I dropped in to the Fishing Store in Stratford (run by a protege of Joslyn's from Woodstock) the other day and walked out with a Quantum baitcaster combo and an Okuma flyrod setup. He had too many great deals. I'm becoming adept at mixing the new stuff up with the old in my toy room downstairs so She Whom I Fear The Most doesn't catch on. She still thinks my rod/reel sets cost $19.95 at CTC or Gander Mountain.

One thing about fishing - it's sure a lot cheaper than scuba diving. I just sold a lot of my coldwater & cave type dive gear, so I could be buying great fishing stuff for quite a few years with what I got. She doesn't have any sympathy with that argument though. She wants to fritter away the money on new furniture for the pool yard and new floor covering for the back deck.

JF

She was with me at the time.... She was the one that wanted the pretty spinner baits lol

Jos gave her a lesson on spinner baits, it was quite interesting for her...

She was with me at the time.... She was the one that wanted the pretty spinner baits lol

Jos gave her a lesson on spinner baits, it was quite interesting for her...

Mebbe I need to take my wife down to Woodstock to visit Jos. I won't get my hopes up though.

JF