Fishing Yesterday (pic's)

solopaddler

First off the highs:

I had a last minute invite to join an old friend steelheading. First trip of the spring for me with my work schedule so I jumped at the chance.

Honestly it was a perfect day, the weather was amazing and the fish cooperated in a big way. I've only got a few lame pic's of the outing but it was a day of huge numbers. The water was way up with a perfect green tint to it and there was huge run of chrome fish. Nothing big, they were all on the small side, but full of spunk and lots of fun to catch.

My buddy with a typical sized fish

P4030002.jpg

P4030005.jpg

It was a fantastic spring day for a tramp through the woods :) .

P4030010.jpg

A couple more typical fish

P4030008.jpg

P4030007.jpg

P4030006.jpg

After my ice fishing trip in Feb when my camera froze I bought a new one that's supposedly shockproof, freezeproof and waterproof. I definitely plan on fooling around with underwater shots this year, but this pic was my only attempt yesterday.

Pretty lame I know, but I figured I'd show you :) .

P4030014.jpg.

Now the biggest high of the day: I called Joanne on the cel enroute home last night and was told that our firm offer on a house in Grimsby was accepted.

We've been on pins and needles waiting to find out if we'll get the house and are pretty pumped at the moment :) .

It's a huge upgrade on where we're at now!

Now the lows: Shortly after calling Joanne I realised that my wallet was gone with all my I.D., bank cards, papers etc..

I honestly don't know how I lost it. Actually I'm thinking maybe it was stolen, just don't know really.

It's not the end of the world though BUT I've been anticipating a 4 day trip to Michigan to fish steelhead for months now and I don't think I'll be able to cross the border. I've go zero identification.

Called the passport office at 9 and they can get me one with a temporary drivers lisence (no problem) plus my birth certificate (big problem as it was in my wallet).

Don't think you can get a birth certificate quickly. Not totally sure, but I guess I'll find out....

(Have to say though, the good outweighs the bad in this situation, nothing is ever the end of the world :) )

Cheers, Mike

Congrats on all the highs Mike :thumbsup_anim:

As far as the wallet goes, my son is going through the same thing, had someone break into to his locked garage and into his locked car and steal all his identification including his birth certificate and social security card along with two check books, he's not a happy camper.

Thanks for sharing!

Mike...great report! The waters looked mint!

Happy to hear about your new house....but that wallet thing sucks.

I got a birth certificate immediately at the office here in Toronto. I think it cost me $20, but it was worth it to me at the time. Just go to the office, take a number, offer up a few pieces of ID and they'll print it right off for you. I'll try to get some updated info for you and PM it.

Great as always.

Is that the olympus that you got?

If so, I purchased the same one. It's O.k. I'm not thrilled about the video though.

Bummer on the wallet. Double check your car!!!!

Great as always.

Is that the olympus that you got?

If so, I purchased the same one. It's O.k. I'm not thrilled about the video though.

Bummer on the wallet. Double check your car!!!!

Thanks everyone!

As it turns out I "might" be okay for next week. Turns out I can get a passport without a birth certificate since my old one expired less than a year ago...

Yeah Snag, it's the Olympus 790SW.

Too many buttons and functions on it to figure out for my liking, but overall nice little camera :)

Nice outing! Congratulations on the house! If you are going where I think you are in Michigan....I will be sitting around green with envy awaiting the report.....hope you are able to make it!!

Super report Mike. Love the pics.

Now take a word of advice from my mother :D Always take a copy of your ID and put it in a safe place. It makes life much easier when it gets lost of stolen.

Joey

Nice fish BUD.....I love how you always have these out post rivers, and seem to produce when very few others are not !!! To bad to here about the wallet but knowing about the house I am sure helped you forget about the wallet for atleast a little bit...Good luck in Michigan....what i would pay for a weekend out there, if i only had a clue where to go....looking forward to the report !!

Looks like another good day on the water for you Mike......as you always have......and congrats on the new home your buying.

Don't worry about the missing wallet, it'll turn up again......... the day after your replace everything :thumbsup_anim: