Cancun Mexico Mar 22/29/08

Fishmaster

What a week away from this never ending winter ...all I can say is it was a blast. The best trip away, being in Mexico with Bernadette aka Jen ...We had awesome weather great food and met some awesome people...If you haven't been to Mexico you might want to plan a trip there some day.

Let me start by saying that people in Cancun Mexico work their butts off to make sure you have a great time!

Now for the fishing ...

Fishing Sailfish is like a big tug of war... line ripping, fish jumping and arms burning. It was a great warm up for Salmon fishing this April ...We managed to boat 2 Bonito , landed 7 for 9 Sailfish, from 130lbs and under.

Here is a little slideshow of some fish we caught hope you enjoy ...

th_CancunMexicoMar08156.jpg

If you have the urge to go Sailfishing in Cancun Mexico you have to hook up with this guy. He had us on fish within 45 minutes of hitting the water, our 8 hour charter lasted 5 hours before we decided to call it a day... We had the time of our lives.

Contact Carlos Vazquez

Sharky Sportfishing

email: [email protected]

What a week away from this never ending winter ...all I can say is it was a blast. The best trip away, being in Mexico with Bernadette aka Jen ...We had awesome weather great food and met some awesome people...If you haven't been to Mexico you might want to plan a trip there some day.

Let me start by saying that people in Cancun Mexico work their butts off to make sure you have a great time!

Cancun is a great holiday destination. I haven't tried the charter fishing but the diving is another excellent way to interact with the fish. The inshore areas are part of a marine park so no fishing is allowed but the shallow reefs hold an abundance of beautiful critters. It's almost as much fun swimming with them as catching them.

You're right about the people. They really work at making your stay perfect, and they're really friendly while they do it. I often say Cancun holidays are what Florida only imagines it offers.

JF

Never fished for sailfish before but it must be a blast to have something like that yankin on the end of your line and going 7 for 9 is a pretty impressive score.

Good to hear you guys enjoyed your vacation so much and thanks for the pics !!

I've been to Cancun/Cozumel about 20 years ago, as a student, before the rampant corruption and violence.

The scenery/water/scuba/fishing is great (like many other tropical places), but I wouldn't go there today, its not that the police are violent or corrupt, its just too many Canadian tourists 'fall off balconies', 'run into traffic', 'fall down stairs' or get charged with offences and they never do get around to having a little something called a trial, or they get knifed to death (and then other Canadians get charged with that murder).

I'm sure the prices still make it an affordable alternative for students if you're willing to take some risk in exchange for savings.

Sounds like a great vacation, we were down in the Huatulco area last month and had a blast.

I've been to Cancun/Cozumel about 20 years ago, as a student, before the rampant corruption and violence.

The scenery/water/scuba/fishing is great (like many other tropical places), but I wouldn't go there today, its not that the police are violent or corrupt, its just too many Canadian tourists 'fall off balconies', 'run into traffic', 'fall down stairs' or get charged with offences and they never do get around to having a little something called a trial, or they get knifed to death (and then other Canadians get charged with that murder).

I'm sure the prices still make it an affordable alternative for students if you're willing to take some risk in exchange for savings.

Best stay away from Toronto on a typical night then bud....crap like that never happens here eh.

We've spent the month of January in Cancun every year since '95 and have yet to experience any of that "violence". The closest thing to a problem that we've encountered was one traffic cop looking for a modest handout from our cab driver (which went off without a hitch), but otherwise everyone is friendly and accommodating. The Cancun Hotel Zone is very clean and safe. I'm not sure the north end of the beach (where the bars are) is so nice and quiet at night. A lot of the resort guests head up there in the evening, the young folks to the bars and the oldtimers to the nicer restaurants, but we never hear reports of trouble from there. The only violent assault you're likely to witness is the attack of the time share salesmen. The folks who fall off balconiess are generally well pickled in tequila and beer. The traffic is crazy so it's never smart to walk too close to the pavement. There's a long stretch of road from our resort going north with a narrow sidewalk right on the edge of the traffic lane with hundreds of buses and cabs racing by. The bus mirrors pass within inches of your head if you're not careful where you walk or stand. A friend of ours who lives down at Puerto Aventura says there's a lot of traffic deaths along the highway involving locals being clipped walking along the edge of the pavement or waiting for buses.

To anyone who spends a lot of time there the reports of violence and danger are hugely exaggerated, just the media trying to stir up a little story excitement. I'm not sure the Cancun condition applies everywhere in Mexico though.

JF