Man this isnt right!!! illegal too

fishindevil

Illegal to even posses a spear gun in Ontario for the purpose of fishing... but totally legal in Quebec.

Here's a quote I stole from another guy that was lambasted for using one..

In Quebec, all you need is a fishing permit and to observe

all quotas as described in the fishing laws.

3 species cannot be hunted underwater: Trout, Musky and Salmon.

And that is it...

In Ontario, it is illegal to hum underwater, in Scuba or Apnea.

Actually spear fishing in the st. lawrence is legal. There's some restrictions (salmon, muskie, trout sturgeon) but none pertaining to walleye so I don't see how this is any more wrong than hunting (ie fish can't be released as oppose to regular fishing).

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publica...ing-methods.asp

Well if its legal i guess is ok,and as long as he s not breaking any laws,im just suprised that thats ok,is there a size limit,as there would be no chance of catch & release ??? im still not right with it,im the rod & reel type,not the spearing or netting type !!!!

i dont realy like that video about the musky.

dont kill musky at all.

but do spear fish.

its a sport.its like hunting.

i am talking diving spearfishing here..underwater.

for ontario there some species that are legal to catch wit a spear not sher about walleye.

i do no in quebec walleye are ok wit spearguns..not musky/lakers/salmon/sturgeons...not sher abut ont.

there is some states in the usa that are very popular to target musky and sturgeons wit those spear hand spear in those ice shak..they make big hole and put down a decoy to attract the fish to the holes then they spear them.

spearfishing is a great sports.

and not worst then go hunting deer wit a longbow etc.

i see some fish that have 3 treble hook caught down in there trowt.. <_< .

the sport off spear fishing is not for all.

but people should try it.

but i want to say....at least for my part..if i spear it...i will eat it.

i dont kill for fun...

i see people shoting carp wit bow at long sault just for the fun off it.this is..... <_< .sad.

joco

i just look back again at the video..i think its all frome the qc.

there is a good groupe off spearfishermans nere montreal that fish walleye.in the st lawrence.

joco

Yes the walleye spearing is in Quebec joco... but I sure hope you aren't using a spear gun or spring gaf to do your spearing while in Ontario or you're breaking the law. Hand spear is legal for white suckers and carp only. Spear gun is illegal to even posses for fishing..so if you do so in Quebec I hope you store it there.

You're right Kyle.. but we've gotta watch how far we cross our own line that we're not appeasing the PATA people (spelled wrong purposely). The muskie vid is Wisconsin and some native americans to boot. I guess when it comes right down to it.. if you're out for food and not catch and release how you get your limit doesn't really matter IF THE RESOURCE can sustain it and the law is written to allow it. (which it is in both video cases)

Hey, if its legal.......good shootin I say!!

Can't be easy to dive down 30ft, find a fish, and make a good shot on it!! I'd bet its easier to catch them with fishing tackle! I couldn't dive down 30 ft, let alone hold my breath long enough to wait for a nice eye to pass by in range.

Its definitly not for everyone, but I bet the guys that do it, sure get a rush when thier successful......

Sinker

Then this cant be right....

This video make me sick. I can not stand it. I hope it was legal where ever this was. If not .... :angry:

You're right Kyle.. but we've gotta watch how far we cross our own line that we're not appeasing the PATA people (spelled wrong purposely). The muskie vid is Wisconsin and some native americans to boot. I guess when it comes right down to it.. if you're out for food and not catch and release how you get your limit doesn't really matter IF THE RESOURCE can sustain it and the law is written to allow it. (which it is in both video cases)

Oops should have read this first. haha

Like I though, as long as its legal.

Edited by MuskyMike

hi.. irishfield

first i live in qc so no prob to store my spear gun.

plus i never did some off it in ontario even if i stay at 2min frome ontario.

i would not do anything unlegal.

what i spear i eat and its legal.

there some people that went farther then that...they go under water....scuba diving and bring there rods....yes fishing rods. and thats the way they fish.

this is cool and ''''could be legal all over'' but will have to chek this one out,,this is not a normal situation..hahaha

you can see how the fish react and if you are to slow or not...a very good way to lurn how the fish reatc and its reaction.

i will start this this summer..................do some FINTROLLING....... :lol: .

joco

its a fish. a musky isnt any better than a pike and people spear them all the time...get over it.

Well, it's a little different, for every 1000 pike there's only one musky (just guessing on those numbers but you get the idea) this is why Muskie guys are so obsessed with releasing them because the population is much smaller than most other fresh water species.

Well, it's a little different, for every 1000 pike there's only one musky (just guessing on those numbers but you get the idea) this is why Muskie guys are so obsessed with releasing them because the population is much smaller than most other fresh water species.

im aware of this, but the problem is some of them become a little too obsessed with musky and bash others who are 100% legal with their belittling comments.

if i were to start a thread with pics of me filleting a musky it would likely get locked as a result of all the musky worshipers who would complain to admins. it just strikes a nerve when people complain about others who are following the regs...

im aware of this, but the problem is some of them become a little too obsessed with musky and bash others who are 100% legal with their belittling comments.

if i were to start a thread with pics of me filleting a musky it would likely get locked as a result of all the musky worshipers who would complain to admins. it just strikes a nerve when people complain about others who are following the regs...

Following the regs is fine, so is "becoming a little too obsessed". To each his own. If its legal its legal. You are right though. If you posted I would be very unhappy as would a lot. Become a Musky guy and you will see why. Everyone fishes hard for that fish of a lifetime, and thats what EVERY Musky's guys goal is. In order to achieve that, catch and release is a great practice and should be practiced.

Bottom line is, if its legal then its fair. But keeping or killing a Musky in that manner, its going to bring some heat. There are far far far more catch and release guys then there are keepers.

Just my thoughts.