Spring is on the way... NF

Ben_Daniels

I was at Ashbridges Bay today trying for some open water Brown trout. No luck with the trout but I did see a turtle sunning itself which was pretty cool. I had a chance to take a bunch of pics of it, this turtle let me get within 3 or 4 feet of it without moving very far.

I saw this from a distance and didn't think it looked like a rock...pretty cool with the CN tower in the background.

HPIM0974.jpg

HPIM0973.jpg

HPIM0984.jpg

HPIM0998.jpg

I think I got a little too close and it went into it's shell, I decided to leave it alone and get back to fishing...even though I wasn't catching anything.

HPIM1014.jpg

I also saw a small muskrat looking animal, not sure what is was and I didn't have time to take a picture of it. All the animals and birds are coming alive which tells me Spring is coming!!! Can't wait for all the Ice to be off and the fish to be shallow!

-Ben

I was at Ashbridges Bay today trying for some open water Brown trout. No luck with the trout but I did see a turtle sunning itself which was pretty cool. I had a chance to take a bunch of pics of it, this turtle let me get within 3 or 4 feet of it without moving very far.

I saw this from a distance and didn't think it looked like a rock...pretty cool with the CN tower in the background.

HPIM0974.jpg

You probably got within 3 -4 ft. of turtle since its metabolism is down from hibernation and nearly being frozen.

Like the picture with the CN Tower.

ehg

Wow...looks to be a large female map turtle. There aren't too many of those around these parts anymore.

What a great find!

Like the post above stated, you got close to it only because it's so sluggish from the cold temps. If it were in the summer, you probably would've heard a splash even before you saw teh thing!

Nice pics !!!! i love watching all the wildlife while im fishing,once while fishing i had an osprey hit the water in a dive and grabbed a rock bass,or bluegill by crashing into the water about 40mph,about 50ft from my boat while my back was turned !!!!! :blink::PB) i thought i was gonna have a dang heart attack.....scarred the crap out of me. :stretcher::glare: ...so better luck at ashbriges next time,nice report too...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Nice!

BTW,,, have you seen all those smallers trees around there? All chew'd down by that beaver.

That damned beaver took down so many trees within very short time.

Here are some pictures I took. Enjoy!

2168374568_61037dd3c7.jpg

2167582173_ae62bdde3f.jpg

2167579381_3dc360c9ea.jpg

(*some pictures are taken with my phone camera)

Edited by mikeymikey

Nice Turtle shots Ben. Glad you guys are getting some spring like weather. It's been great over here on this side of the pond until today when we had snow and hail - felt like I was back in Canada for a brief moment!

Mikey - I know they do some damage but u gotta have some respect for a beaver that's able to survive in and among all the development of the GTA. I saw one swimming near the ferry docks one evening last year on my way back from fishing the islands. Pretty cool....