ok, so I am a newbie here too

splashhopper

As has been noted by the other two new guys today, I also just joined this site and am very impressed by the forthcoming support.

The comradery is refreshing and i love fearing all the "tall tales" with soem amazing pics to go with them too.

I am a self employed contractor in London,ON specializing in grout and tile restoration. >>

www.TheGroutDoctor.ca

The fishing bug hit me real bad last summer when I caught a large mouth bass, ON MY HOME GOLF COURSE in Clinton. It was about 3.5 lbs and was released as well. The course owner lets members bring their kids to the big pon on a catch and release(with permission) basis.

One of my golf buddies is also an avid fishermen and he got me started on the Maitland River last fall going for Rainbows.

My chat name comes from him. More will be revealed, some day.

I am a blessed guy to have a wife that ENCOURAGES me to golf and fish, so i don;t get so cranky in the fall! lol

I have two beautiful daughters ( 10 year old is the 2007 Canadian Junior NATIONAL Black belt Taekwando champion and my18 yr old is in first yr University at Western)

I am also graced to belong to a group of men and women that are "Friends of Bill W" for the past 17 yrs.

Now, for the fishing bug, I have only caught small mouth bass and rainbows in the river and have caught some walleye on the lake(Huron and Erie) while out on charters over the past 10 years.

So, my question for all is:

Is this sport gonna be as addictive as golf has been for me, and how will iknow when i wil lneed to go to "fishermens anonymous" or some kind of treatment centre for fishing addicts? LOL

Thanks for this site..

I watch it every night.

Splashopper

Since everyone makes you feel welcome here, and I just posted mine, I am officially saying welcome, as this will probably be the only time I ever first to reply on here. I have never seen such fast replies.

Welcome aboard....with me of course

Great introduction Slashopper! Sounds like you have a great family there!! A very accomplished taekwando champion...and a daughter in a great university! (I'm a Western Alumni...LOL).

It's great to have a supportive wife as well. My wife, Bly on the board, has the fishing bug as much as I do...and she regularly outfishes me too, so we get out a few hundred times a year.

Rainbows on the Maitland...I'd love to head there one day.

Anyhow, welcome to the board...hope you enjoy your stay here!

I'm sorry flashhopper, were going to have to delete your account, honestly...its for your own good.. you have way too much going on to be associated with us nere-do-wells... lol

oh...ok you can stay! welcome

Welcome to the board!

Oh, and to answer your question "Is this sport gonna be as addictive as golf has been for me, and how will iknow when i wil lneed to go to "fishermens anonymous" or some kind of treatment centre for fishing addicts? LOL"

Well, lets see; you have already figured out that you can fish on a golf course but you can't golf in a fishing hole. Fisher(persons) anonymous is not like any other "anonymous" group out there, we like being addicted, if you try to quit, we'll take you fishing and have some fun until you come to your senses. Our success rate is better than any other support group since we only have one step to worry about, the one from the dock into the boat, once you are in the boat, nothing else matters!

Anyway, sit back, relax, and enjoy, you have just become a member of a pretty good family!

Big Cliff: Your tag line says >> There is a fine line between fishing and sitting in a boat and looking stupid!<<

How am i gonna know when I am looking stupid?

I already got a dumb chatname from my fishing buddies !

What's next? lol

This is looking stupid....I thought I had a salmon in this pic....not a boat per se....it's a canoe.

carp.jpg

Rich: It IS fun catching the bass..

We feed them the dew worms we find in the early morning dew as well.

And sometimes, if we find a frog that got smoked by the grasscutting machines, we will feed the bass those too.

What a blast to watch the bass cream a frog BEFORE it even hits the water!

ccm: that fish looks like some of the food I ate at my late mother-in-laws( Filipina lady) house on a sunday night.

I thought it was only "caught" in the freezer section at the fish and seafood store in Scarborough..

I looked EXACTLY like you do in that pic when my brother in laws asked me "why" I wasn't eating the shrimp HEADS TOO!

geesh :o