The Musky Hunter

fishinggeek

I know it's been mentioned before, but I can't get enough of Jim Saric's show, The Musky Hunter. It's informative and relevant, and he never fails to entertain with big muskies. He doesn't push products down our throats like other shows, nor does the show seem overly scripted. Personally, a big pet peeve of mine is when fishing shows script what should be real action, like doing multiple takes of landing and releasing fish. The Musky Hunter, from what I can tell, is always a snippet of real fishing action. Simply Fishing is another one that comes to mind, another great show that doesn't have a lot of staging for the camera.

Anyone seen it and agree? I really can't get enough of TMH and am itching to get more serious about musky fishing.

I actually posted this same message a couple months back when I first came across the Musky Hunter TV show on WFN.

Very good show and as you say, there's very little spamming of the sponsors products like on so many shows today, he gives some good info & tips and a real bonus, there's no music blasting in the background.....never could figure why anybody thinks that's what fishermen want in a show.

Yup it's just a good old fashioned fishing show like we used to see. :Gonefishing:

Fishingeek, you weren't stealing my thunder at all, infact it's good to hear I'm not the only one that really enjoys a good, well put together fishing show.

Another one that I watch all the time is Fishing the Edge ??...I think that's the name...the one with Al Lindner. Same idea as Musky Hunter, no bells & whistles and very little spam, just down to earth fishing, the way it's meant to be.

I couldn't agree with either of you more. The Musky Hunter is a fantastic show and the hosts are realistic. I have emailed Jim (and Steve) a few times and they are more then helpful. Great guys, great show. Same with Simply Fishing, another great show, although Bob seems to get a little to over anxious sometimes, but I still think its a great show.

Mike

I got a chance to watch it last week and I have to agree it is very well done! however Lew I'm pretty sure I heard rock in the background which I think adds excitement to the fight of a large gamefish(my opinion) as for it not being an infomercial-I couldn't agree more! as a viewer of fishing shows nothing turns me off quiker than a host rambling on about a hot sponsor bait at a lodge clearly stacked with fish, again my opinion.

Add me to the list of fans :) Al Linders Angling Edge is awesome to, reminds me of the old In-Fisherman.. Almost 100% completely informative, no shoving this company or that company down your throat.. It's nice to see all the guys I used to watch as a kid still on the show to.. The only thing I would change about the Angling Edge is the tad bit of religion Al likes to throw in there once in a while, but hey that show can't be 100% perfect :)

Hopefully my 2 year subscription to The Musky Hunter magazine gets here soon!!

Edited by BillM

Lew, I totally feel your pain when it comes to the music in some of those shows... Last time i hooked into a fish i dont remember a guitar solo climaxing when the fish got to the boat! Someone should tell them to save their money and take the music out.

-R-

Man I wish I had those shows, they sound great. I have pretty much been turned off fishing shows by the Bill Dance's of the world - non stop commercial (isn't that what the commercials are for?) and drags fish up and down the side of the boat trying to make them look like they are fighting - what a joke, do people fall for this junk?

Lew, I totally feel your pain when it comes to the music in some of those shows... Last time i hooked into a fish i dont remember a guitar solo climaxing when the fish got to the boat! Someone should tell them to save their money and take the music out.

-R-

Wow, anytime I hook into something bigger then 4lbs, all I hear is "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd :)

I had the wife get me season 1 for xmas it has almost been worn out this is a great show I to am a fan of simply fishing that is another great show. I dont understand why some shows cut from one shot to another every time they hook a fish to much jumping around for me I can not watch some of them shows even if they are musky related. These other shows would be great but way to much product placement and jumpy camera work if yer not interesting enough on your own then find another place fishing Canada knows they were not the flashy style and changed back to what most anglers want.

I love Musky Hunter!!!! Season one was amazing and I loved it for the same reason as everyone else. Its info packet, huge fish and no pushey sales pitches. I got a little worried early in season two when there was a 5 min Ranger boat bit but that was a one off. Tuesday night at nine are the new episodes. I hope there is a booth at the sportsman show.

I have not seen the Musky Hunter show but enjoy the magazine (assuming that they are the same). Does anyone know if it is carried in Ohio?

I have watched the Angler's Edge a number of times and enjoy it. With the world the way it is today, I think the 30 second religious segment is refreshing.