Florida Fishing

huntervasili

Well I after waiting for a couple months the time rolled around for me to head on down to Florida on Friday evening. Our flight, Scheduled to leave left on time with all our luggage on board but unfortunately we got bumped. Ya gotta love air Canada and their Profit maximizing, satisfaction minimizing ways of overbooking flights. There were 10 of us overbooked and 4 made it on the plane, so our options? fly to Chicago where we may be able to get the Orlando flight or wait in Toronto and possibly get the Orlando Flight. We went to customer service where after about 2 hours of waiting we were finally put onto a flight where we got seat numbers. ohh yea for the flight 5 hours later. We end up arriving at about 1230 instead of the scheduled 730, where we were greeted by our luggage, behind a locked door that is. They only have representatives there from 9am-9pm because we all know how thats the only time when a person needs to get luggage... After about an hour I finally get the Manager on duty to find some keys and we get our gear and head out. First day way basically a write off as the guide was a no show... P/oed at pretty much everything now I knew it could only get better, which fortunately it did. We had a new guide booked for Sunday, we were gonna fish super skinny water for Reds. Really neat I will tell ya. saw hundreds of stingrays and all sorts of birds, and hooked into and landed a bunch of nice reds, on artificials and Cut bait. Also incidentally caught some pufferfish which have a really sharp beak on them and you would often bring in your plastic jerk bait which had clean chunks taken out of it or no tail whatsoever lol . Ok so now to some of the days pics.

SSA52482.jpg

SSA52483.jpg

SSA52492.jpg

Enjoyed the day on the water Very nice weather all day with the wind picking up a little bit later on in the day.

Monday also proved to be an awesome day on the water. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera so we took the pictures when we got back. This is the days catch which was followed by about 20 oysters mmm:

SSA52497.jpg

On the left is a bluefish on the right is a pompano

SSA52498.jpg

Left Black Snapper, Right Saltwater Sheepshead

SSA52499.jpg

Black Drum

SSA52500.jpg

SSA52502.jpg

Some bait... he grabbed my bait and there were two of em when I was reeling it in, one fell off though.

The last day we did some more surf fishing at a different beach with limited luck. I got a few smaller fish and a bunch of goby like creatures too, all were thrown back that day. Saw some neat stuff there including some sea turtles, a Sub leaving the port, and a pelican that wanted to eat our fish, he inched his way to within four feet of us using his peripheral vision to see what we were doing and to look discrete lol...

All in all an enjoyable trip, loved the 25-35*C weather the whole time without a drop of rain. Hope all of you enjoyed reading the report!

Bill

The colours on the "Snapper" faded significantly. Definately not a porgy or a Black drum, I looked up both and its neither... A guy where we were fishing said it was a snapper, but he could'a been wrong. We ate some of the Redfish cooked "on a halfshell" tasted pretty good. Cant wait to be eating the rest. Surf fishing is fun... cant wait to get out and do it again