Muskie leaders fluoro what # test?

glen

I, like Slowpoke use the 80lb because of the convinience of being able to tie a knot with it. Ive always used lighter aplications because it gives me more of a feeling of finnessing the fish thus giving me the an advantage. B)

And of course like everyone else says here,use quality terminal tackle because most of the time thats where your weakness's will be on your leader.

Good luck !!

Ramble, what I personally like is how durable the are. You do have to check for knicks and replace as neccessary but the fluoro leaders last a long time. They don't kink like wire does for one thing. They also tend to be a little friendlier on the fish should they roll in them.

However, if you've a good supply of wire leaders I would not rush out and switch to fluoro. I don't beleive a pike/muskie care whether or not your lure has wire or fluoro leader attached to it.

I don't tie 130, I use crimps.

They are hard to buy Lew. I do most of my shopping online. From Cabelas or lebarons and they dont carry stringease.

I was going to order some stuff from stripper tackle and thorns bros but i aint too sure about the duty. I think they make up a $$$ amount when the package hits the border.

At this point it is harder to catch muskie gear then it is to catch muskie. How many days do i have left cause i might need them all.

Don't know where your located Glen, but if your in the GTA you can definetely get the Stringease snaps at JB's, BPS or Tightlines in Pickering.

Be sure to get the big ones, I use #5 myself but you can go larger if you want.