A bit of a rant i guess

Marko

So i am driving up the ramp this morning on my way to work and there is this truck in front of me going up the ramp as well. As we both merge on expressway and start speeding up, this huge sheet of snow and ice flies off of his rig and lands right on me, busts my wiper and dents my windshield.

I was going about 80 at the time and it was really wet and i couldnt have just stopped or tried to avoid it and i wasnt going fast enough to merge to the left lane and dodge it, last thing i wanted to do was make somebody rearend me and total 2 cars maybe.

I was lucky enough that my wipers were working and wiped snow and ice and slush of my windshield fast enough and i didnt end up in a ditch somewhere.

Now the rant is..

Guy didnt even stop to see if I am ok, not sure if he saw sheet of ice flying off his rig or not BUT is it so hard to clean the rigs???

I see it happen all the time and its really dangerous!

Why dont these transportion companies hire someone just to go from a rig to a rig and clean them after the snow storms???

haha I knew we had some truckers in here.

Same with trucks transporting gravel and stuff like that lol.

On my old car iI had 4 marble size dents in my windshield just from driving on 401 lol, kinda suprised the windshield held up for as long as it did.

That kinda thing happens everywhere. Seen it many times myself. Not only from big rigs, but cars, SUV's, pickups ... you name it. I guess as long as the windows are somewhat clear ... that's good enough. We got hit with a piece of ice from another car just this past Saturday ... fortunately, no damage. Hit right on the windshield in front of my wife.

This happened today in Ottawa...

Ice Slams Into Car Window, Narrowly Misses Driver

A driver got a scare after a chunk of ice flew off the top of a transport truck and smashed through a car's windshield on Hwy. 417 near the Nicholas off-ramp today during the lunch hour.

Provincial police said the driver was not hurt, but was shaken up after the large piece of ice came free off the truck and hit the car that was travelling behind. The chunk slammed through the windshield and wound up inside the car, said police.

The driver managed to pull off to the side and was awaiting a tow truck.

Safe Driving,

Justin

I`ve seen the dents that a 40' log makes, only on tv LOL.

I also saw moose and deer go right through the windshield, thats some scary stuff right there as well.

I saw a video, this guy hit a moose but didnt kill it.

Moose`s behind went through the windshield and they had to sedate it to pull it out lol.

he looked like one ticked off moose.