g-loomis lifetime warranty my butt

corvette1

If they have a ugly stick i nthe style of rod I know I would be using them. I switched back to them years ago and will do so for a long time they are dependable even if you are hard on equipment like I am it sucked whe nI would break my rods just because of daily use and a nick I would not see I did not like to have $100+ rods sitting in the corner so I switched back. Now my wife bought me a nice musky casting rod from Gander mountain they are made from St Croix blanks and they have a over the counter return policy if I break it just come in no questions asked I get a new one (I might have to pay if they dont have the same one and I up grade but I understand that) I know of a few people here in my area that use the Tournment series from Gander mountain and have exchanged rods. I have been luckey enough to not break it yet.

I dunno, but I must be doing something right, cause I can honestly say that in all the years I've been fishing, I have NEVER had a fishing rod break on me while casting, trolling, hooksets or anything else.

I broke 2 a few years ago when I accidentely knocked an outboard motor over on them in the back of a truck, but never while fishing.

Hopefully my luck continues :Gonefishing:

A couple of people have stated that compared to the price of a $230 rod paying $75 is not bad.

So being ripped off moderately is OK? The guy bought a rod with a "life-time replacement warranty" not a "life-time we will charge you $70 for your next replacement rod warranty"

Lets say your new car broke and the dealer charged you $2000 to fix the 100% under warranty item. What would you say then then?

forrest

Lets say your new car broke and the dealer charged you $2000 to fix the 100% under warranty item. What would you say then then?

forrest

Believe it or not, a lot of times they do. The call it a "deductible".

But your point is well taken and I agree with you totally. Life-time warranty should be exactly that. A 100% free repair or replacement for as long as you own it.

I love my loomis imx rod, it's my favorite rod but I could only afford 1, lol, sometimes you get a dud. One thing that can do that is a nick from anything just tapping or hitting the side of the boat, sometimes you wouldn't even know but that little pressure crack will snap the rod on the next hook set. I could hang a 25lbs dead weight off my medium imx rod out of water, literally. Then again it's hard to justify their prices because there are so many rods that are almost or just as good for half the price and since there mostly 1 pieces the shipping will kill you on a return for warranty issues sometimes it's not even worth it. All that said, at the price they charge it should be no hassle over the counter free replacement.

I had a Fenwick break on me at the 2nd eye last year and asked them if I could break it in half to save shipping and they allowed me to. So instead of $35 it was only $10 to ship and get replaced. Now let's not talk about Canadapost rip-offs.

below is the loomis warranty, i'm sure other companies write them the same way. I've heard other companies are getting tougher on their warranties also. Sounds like yours should have been replaced.

' CUSTOMER SERVICE : WARRANTY/SERVICE INFORMATION : G.LOOMIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY INFORMATION

G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty

G.Loomis rods, custom rod blanks and Syncrotech fly reels are covered by a limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the original owner. GL pushpoles, Venture (Adventure) fly reels, Premier Rods (PMR) and GL fly rod outfits are covered against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase. G.Loomis clothing, hats, bags and accessories are covered against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase. Sales receipt or proof of purchase required.

Ship the damaged rod, reel, or accessory item in a disposable container, prepaid and insured, along with a check or money order for $20 (for rods), $10 (for clothing, bags, or accessories), or $5.50 (for reels) to cover return shipping and handling for each claim in the U.S., and a completed copy of our Warranty Return Form.

Send directly to:

G.Loomis, Inc.

Warranty Service

1359 Down River Drive

Woodland, WA 98674

Should damage occur due to defect, G.Loomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge. Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired or replaced for a specific fee. A full estimate will be provided for your approval before any repair work is initiated.

Should we decide to replace the damaged product, but no longer offer that model, we will replace it with what we determine to be the closest comparable model from our current product line.

In no event shall G.Loomis, Inc. be held liable for incidental or consequential damages due to breach of this warranty or other warranties implied by law.

Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts nor do they allow for exclusion of incidental or consequential damages; therefore, the above stipulated limitation and/or exclusion may not apply to you.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. '

Edited by mikeh

75 bucks for shipping is way to much!!!!! unless its coming from china itself that is way to much.

CHeers!

I think they were probably billing for this line of the warrantee lbh..

Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired or replaced for a specific fee.

hade the same trouble with my evinjunk just out of warranty blew a piston evinjunk did not hear about it would not even give a gasket set and i just spent 2300 on a 4 storke trolling motor and evinjunk said thanks for buying evinjunk just like loomis never again if i want a anchor i will buy one sorry for the rant

Our evinrudes been going 30 + years on oil changes and regular maintenance, how did you manage to blow a gasket on a 2003????

Evenrude=EVENGREAT

They've been in business for a million years and you don't do that by selling poor product (or giving away free parts to everyone that trashes their engine)

1997 or 2003 not a big diff, our 9.9 Evinrude is a 1978 my dad's 80hp was also about 30+ years old as well, sold in good working condition, don't know how long it lasted after that.

Those engines are like tanks, unless you got the one in a million lemon which can happen or bad luck when you were using it or someone abused it (never lend a boat).

I've never heard a bad word about them, til now.

I think the evinrude ficht 150-200 hp motors(1998-2000 pre bombardier) were very poor engines also. somebody from this board warned me about them and after I googled them I found lots of people had problems with them.

Name me better companys, and I'll agree with you.

il have to agree with you, personally i think quality makes a difference and usually for quality = more expensive.. as an example while guiding i run a 6 foot st croix and my client is using an ugly stick..why is it that only i feel the lightest bites? quality :) so we exchange rods and he too now feels the light bites..so for great performance like that i dont mind paying out

If its 'just out of warranty' you need to find out if NY or wherever you bought from, has 'implied' statutory warranties, not all states have them.

Implied warranties can cover situations like breakdowns that occur, for example, 3 years and a month after the written 3 year warranty, see if you can get a local lawyer familiar with consumer protection laws to look into it. It deals with Lemon type of situations.

A letter from a marine mechanic dealing with the cause of the problem might also help you because you will have to deal with the accusation that you might be at fault for having abused it or damged it.

Hope it works out for you.