Frigid Carp Action!

Rich

Well today I proved my theory that carp feed actively all winter. -10 outside plus whatever windchill was and I still managed to go 2/3 on the carp. They are still hitting canned corn on bottom. The secret is getting the bait right to them. They won't move far to hit, but they still fight just as good as in the summer. Lots of fun and I will definitely be back for more as winter progresses. Anyone who's not a fan of ice fishing get out there for winter carp action on the rivers it's a blast!

DSC01013.jpg

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

Sure am Reen...problem is...our lakes are closed for fishing until the end of April...just as well as they are covered with ice...

Nicely done there Rich...as much as I envy you your carpfishing, I don't think I'm ready to freeze my butt off...-20*C this morning...getting a bit old for winter fishing... :wallbash:

Yea DSN most have been very skinny out of that spot since early December. I think the only food source they have is crayfish and the french fries people feed to the ducks. lol Not so much feeding going on however they are probably getting their fill of corn from me. I've dumped a ton in that spot for chum.

Funny I said "never too cold" because the next day it indeed got too cold.

DSC01018.jpg

The upper part of the creek froze right over (rarely happens!) which cut flow off significantly to the lower area of the creek where I do the majority of my carp fishing. I still gave it a shot and had a short tussle with a little guy but most of the carp had moved deeper and closer to the dam.

DSC01017.jpg

Talk about a flash freeze!