What's the craziest things you've witnessed with the Underwater Cameras??

addy79

I've wanted one for years, not so much to aid in fishing, but more just for curiosities sake.

I've always been intrigued as to what kind of interesting mysteries lie at the bottom of my favourite fishing holes.

So...

Do any of you have some interesting stories to share on the topic???

well, 15 years ago I made an under water camera and used a water proof flashlight as the housing

I was on cooks bay, I heard a nosie (it had sound too) spun the camera around just in time to see a big pike eat it

after about 5 seconds it let my camera go, water flooded in and the second $300 low lux camera was dead

but it was cool to see it happen

yeah, many places are way top dark to use

but simcoe and other lakes are great

for perch and crappie fishing I can catch 200% more fish using the camera, if there are fish in the area

I find it hard to use in the summer even if you anchor the waves make it hard to use

Had the same thing as Musky or Specks...as soon as the camera turned on there was a big 'ol largemouth staring right at it. I actually thought the dang thing was broken because I had it out 3 or 4 times before and didn't see a fish. Having that bass up close and personal shocked me. While ice fishing I watched a pike follow my bait for about 10 minutes which was interesting. Finally, seeing a sturgeon on the niagara river was a highlight

Just perch head butting it on Simcoe is about it. You would be amazed at the amount of suckers in the deeper water of Cooks bay.

This year I want to use it in the Niagara and hopefully see something cool like Rizzo saw.

We used it very effectively on the French drifting for walleyes. There was a surprising amount of walleyes that stayed on sheer walls of the river.

Seeing how key spots hold big fish of all species together. On Rice Lake, I have found a rock pile in the middle of the lake that holds bass, crappie, 'eyes, gills & 'skis most of the time. They look like happy neigbours swimming around together but I'm sure hell does break loose down there from time to time. The 'eyes always bash the camera lens when it is raised above the rocks.

In Owen Sound, watching the whitefish & trout feeding on my clump of chummed roe is a blast in 50-70 feet of water.

On Erie, seeing the bottom littered with gobies and how current affects everything down there.

My original Agua_VU with Infra red, although bulky is celebrating its 10th birthday and has made me a better angler.

dang i want one now too!!

i'd imagine they would be pretty effective on shield lakes.

i want to give it a try bottom bouncing for lakers.

Rizzo: the sturgeon in the niagara would definetly be a sight to see!

Bucktail: watching the eyes suspend along river rock walls in the french would be awesome too

no sunken boats, un-imaginably large fish witnessed??

I put mine in my pants one time...... craziest thing I've witnessed (just kidding, couldn't resist LOL). Seriously though I was just charging mine up today and was thinking about how I use to go ice fishing...... A spool of line, some hooks, a few minnows, and an ice chisel. Cut a tree branch, scoop ice out with your hands... boy have tings changed!

Heres my first favorite...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The main reason is that the water is SOOO clear and you can see through the gills when he (or she) nails the lure....

My second favourite is this one, cause as far as I know.. and I'm likely mistaken now but the last time I checked this is one of the ONLY videos out there that actually show a muskie hitting the bait... Theres lots of underwater video of Muskies.. but not alot of them attacking the bait...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Other than that... when I picked up a lawn chair.. that was scary...