no way! Record 'bow!

danbo

Fish is real

A full article on the fish and brothers who guide on that lake is in this months' Salmon & Steelheader. The fish are escapees from trout farms and the author of the article ends up catching 5-6 monster rainbows up to 29 lbs with the brothers on a couple nights fishing.

Fang has it right....I also heard that they knew it was there and regularly fed the fish before they went after it.

Kinda like shooting a trophy buck at a corn feeder... not very sporting, but at least they were honest about it.

Edited by Greencoachdog

From the Salmon & Steelheader article and others I come across, a specific area in Lake Deif is apparently loaded with these big guys. They are all sterile farm fish. The author wanted to repeat the tactics the brothers used to catch this record (and many other 20+lb trout) but tells the reader that he will not divulge any specifics to protect the brothers guide service.

It's all night fishing and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to pick out they are bank fishing with bait. Funny how they picture shows the big fish with a spoon in its mouth. Just funny in my opinion.

I read the articles on those brothers....I was impressed.....they failed to mention that those monster fish in that lake were escapees from a fish farm (I am not so impressed now). I just thought they spent 40 hours a week fishing a deep under fished lake.

From what I read they were fishing from boats and not the shore......but then again, their whole story is tainted now. Do those fish still count for the record books?

forrest

This made me laugh when i read it.

ccmtcanada says-

("I also heard that they knew it was there and regularly fed the fish before they went after it.")

Ha, i can't stop laughing. lol. U do know they tried raising triploid rainbow to a world record size and never got close to 40lbs.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/01/07.html

Also quote from Fang

("It's all night fishing and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to pick out they are bank fishing with bait. Funny how they picture shows the big fish with a spoon in its mouth. Just funny in my opinion.")

Have u checked out our website and seen the world record bows in the video's??? funny how their are Husky jerks in their mouths in the video's??? We catch trout casting and bait fishing. From shore and boat.

www.fishinggeeks.net

Here's a photo to keep you going throughout your day.

O and if you look close the top left one is the all tackle world record.

record008.jpg

And many more to come.

Have a great new year guys.

Impressive fish non the less...

I'd question the validity of the record though.

Based on the selective growth of the genus....its litteraly bred to grow as large as it can.

Its been selectivly bred similar to a miniature poodle.

"These fish have NOT been raised on hormones or genetically engineered. They are the product of decades of selective breeding, a carefully honed natural diet that recognizes trout need different types of food and nutrition at different stages of their life, and perhaps most importantly, they are put through a process that sterilizes the trout shortly after the eggs are fertilized, and this is what makes them triploid.

This last step prevents the trout from maturing sexually or reproducing. Farmers and veterinarians have neutered animals and poultry for many years so they can reach their maximum growth potential in the shortest amount of time. While all animals expend great amounts of energy in reproduction, trout and salmon utilize so much energy that many die after spawning is complete. Even trout that survive the cycle are severely weakened. They lose weight, their meat becomes soft, and they are susceptible to a variety of diseases. By making the trout sterile, they do not waste energy growing eggs and trying to spawn. They can reach huge sizes.

"The main reason for that is they continue to eat and grow all winter long," said Phil Mackey. "Regular diploids go into a spawning mode and they don't eat much. It's just very stressful on the fish, and they don't have the stamina. Triploids are younger for their weight than diploid fish and they are generally a more fit fish, especially during the winter months."

The sterilization process for trout eggs is done by subjecting the trout eggs to warm water about 10 minutes after fertilization when the eggs are first dividing. In normal, diploid trout, there are two chromosomes that determine sex, but because of the heat-shocking process, the trout develop with a third sexual chromosome that makes them sterile. These are triploids. Fishery biologists believe some of the huge fish caught in the wild are actually triploids. This sterilization process can occur under the right conditions in nature, happening about one percent of the time, according to some studies"

http://www.californiafishingguide.com/trout_history.htm

Crap man I mean no disrespect I'd love to catch a Bow that big too but It just sits wrong with me as being a record.

The work was put in to find the fish, and I can respect that.

The fish were caught, and landed...I can respect that too

Call it a world "all tackle" Triploid record...thats cool too

Just not sure I would agree its Rainbow record, but then again I don't write or approve the records right?

Like I said Impressive fish non the less.

Cheers,

Edited by Cookslav

Don't think you guys are the first to bring this triploid status up. I've been interviewed live on espn's sports radio station, they had a biologist waiting to talk to me. I told him the following.

(The fish i caught is without a doubt a triploid trout. But as i got deeper into the records etc, i found out that they can't exclude triploid trout from World records. The main reason is due to the fact that triploid trout are a natural occurance.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0105910/2004/01/07.html

From talking to the igfa staff and discussing this situation, they found that they cannot turn any rainbow records away due to this simple fact. Unless the other rules are broken.)

Plus I don't quite think u know our province that well, we have one of the most drastic changes in temperature in the world. From -45C to + 45C.

Ask yourself one question

If triploid trout exsist naturally, is it not true that this triploid trout may be one that occured naturally??

The record stands none the less, so while all of you are whining and blabing away :blahblah1: , i'm out fishing for our next hunt, The 40+lb Northern pike.

Fishingsaskatchewan

Guys when Nicole sent me the pics back in June we were impressed, regardless of what the fish is tell everyone more about your history, your fathers records and more that impressed me was the line breaking strain you caught these fish on, regardless of anything id say, to land a fish like that on the line you did deserves more recognition to the skill than the actuall record validity.

cheers

ian