Fish Finders...

Gerritt

You may want to give these some consideration:

http://humminbird.factoryoutletstore.com/c...4042&chid=1

Lowrance Lowrance Lowrance :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

I don't see anybody on this board catching more fish with their Lowrance ubits than I do with my Humminbird.

You get a much bigger bang for the buck with 4000 watts with a Humminbird as opposed to the 2400 watt Lowrance for about the same price.

I'm personally lookin' at the 747c

Edited by Greencoachdog

The difference between colour and b&w is colour shows the strenth of signal using different colours. If you are fishing in water less then 100 feet then you don't need more then 1000 peak to peak watts using a 200khz unit, if you are fish deeper then 200 feet then you need a unit with greater then 1000 p2p watts and should be using a 50khz unit. You should also consider that too much power in shallow water spooks fish.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...&hasJS=true

Here is a link to Cabelas. You will have a hard time finding that unit for cheaper. Small and compact, doesnt have the ability to take the navionics cards though. Dual purpose. Spend another $80 here and you will have the best of both worlds for hard and soft water. $80 is for a new longer normal transducer.

You may want to give these some consideration:

http://humminbird.factoryoutletstore.com/c...4042&chid=1

Lowrance Lowrance Lowrance :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

I don't see anybody on this board catching more fish with their Lowrance ubits than I do with my Humminbird.

You get a much bigger bang for the buck with 4000 watts with a Humminbird as opposed to the 2400 watt Lowrance for about the same price.

I'm personally lookin' at the 747c

Glen, if you're expecting the fishfinder to catch the fish for you your doing it wrong...Hummingbird is known for its cheap units, not that they don't make better quality ones...But they make alot of crap too!

Edited by Pigeontroller

The difference between colour and b&w is colour shows the strenth of signal using different colours. If you are fishing in water less then 100 feet then you don't need more then 1000 peak to peak watts using a 200khz unit, if you are fish deeper then 200 feet then you need a unit with greater then 1000 p2p watts and should be using a 50khz unit. You should also consider that too much power in shallow water spooks fish.

I've been looking for a 10,000 watt model, 2 or 3 slow passes over the Crappie hole and they'll float to the top already microwaved! Just lift the skin off, salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!!! :P

Actually, all sonars will spook fish in shallow water. You will do better if you KNOW fish are holding in a certain to turn off all of your electronics and fish the area quietly.

It really depends what your fishing. If your a kawartha lakes guy, you'll never need more than that $200 lowrance at bps, but its nice to have the bells and wistles. If it where my 500 I'd get the $200 job and a Lowrance H2OC portable GPS. Combo is nice, but I'd rather have em separate. Especially if you ever fish out of friends boats as well.

Dah.. TICK TICK TICK of the transducer. Loud out of the water...only louder under it.

I've outfished guys using thier flashers for perch in s hallow water LOTS of times. Those vex's make a racket......and for sure will spook fish if they're in a bad mood!

Sinker

Humminbird all the way.For the price they cant be beat.Humminbird has come along way .I have a 767 and it has 4000 watts of power and gps mapping.For 419.00 at Le baron.Add another 60.00 and you can get the same unit in colour.They also come with the gps puck and a dual beam transducer.To buy the same unit in a Lowrance you would pay almost double the price.So take a look you will be supprised at what you get for your money.Lowarance are no doubt good units but I think dollar for dollar Humminbird is a far better buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Dan

Try fishing with a sounder on and then fish with the sounder off, you will notice a huge difference. The higher the watts the more power going to the piezo electric element and the louder the sound. The US military did some tests with this and unfortunately killed some whales. You can also do some research on the net and I am sure you will find tons of info on this. This link should give you a starting point.

http://www.whales.org.au/news/tyack.html

Try fishing with a sounder on and then fish with the sounder off, you will notice a huge difference. The higher the watts the more power going to the piezo electric element and the louder the sound. The US military did some tests with this and unfortunately killed some whales. You can also do some research on the net and I am sure you will find tons of info on this. This link should give you a starting point.

http://www.whales.org.au/news/tyack.html

Does this mean that greenpeace is gonna start targetting us poor fisherpeoples who use sonar? Think you can design a whale safe fishfinder to protect us from the eco warriors?

Is there a difference between a unit with an internal antenna LMS-527C and one with an external Antenna? LMS-525c I can get both for the same price from RadioWorld....

Also what about maps? Does it come with a map for Canadian waters? cant seem to find any info...

Thanks!

G

LOL... I just dont feel like buying something only to find out it is not what I thought it would be... but for the link I provided... that units is 600.00+ retail... he has 20 of them for 350.00 including free shipping....

so my question remains...

is an internal antenna as good as an external one?

G