My First Hardwater Report

Mike the Pike

Well the time finally came to go ice fishing for the first time this Winter.

I was so pumped up and ready but this was my first ever Skunking on the ice .NO FISH :wallbash: NODDA A SNIFF.

I loaded up the Van and began to round up my many passengers My friend GlennK(some of you met in Quinte)his son Andrew,my brother in law Chris,my Nephew Trevor(His first time ice fishing)and my son Ryan who will outlast us all for determination and effort.We headed up to Northern Quebec not far from Mont-Tremblant Ski resort.

Well you think what better way to catch fish bring my nephew to an outfitter for his first time .Nope Wrong :wallbash:

No speckled trout and no rainbows.Thats fishin :stretcher:

Despite no fish we turned our day into alot of fun.Could not have had better weather very mild conditions none of our holes in the ice froze over all day.Can't wait for the ice to thicken up here near home.we were fortunate enough to be fishin on 12 inches of ice today.

Here are some pics.

IMG_0289_1.jpg

Another day that starts at Lew O'clock.Slowpoke this shot is for you Bud

IMG_0290_1.jpg

my gang minus me.

uncle Chris top left my so Ryan bottom left.Nephew Trevor and Andrew and his Dad GlennK.

IMG_0292_1.jpg

IMG_0296_1.jpg

My new toy works well it did show a branch at the bottom but too bad the trout were at the other end of the lake.

IMG_0297_1.jpg

Yes fishing can be tough at times.

IMG_0299_1.jpg

IMG_0303_1.jpg

IMG_0307_1_1.jpg

IMG_0308_1.jpg

Now you've all heard of Camp Jiggy Jiggy well this is Fort Jiggy jiggy.

IMG_0310_1.jpg

As my son walks by I notice his eye swelling up.upon close examination it looks pretty bad but no need for medical attention.

It seems he dinged his eye on the sled pulled by the Ski-Doo earlier this morning .He said it didn't hurt.Never told me :dunno:

Sorry for the pics of the dried boogers and smeared hot chocolate.

IMG_0312_1.jpg

IMG_0315_1.jpg

IMG_0316_1.jpg

What service from the outfitter wood deliverie although we had plenty.

IMG_0318_1.jpg

This is our new fishin Buddy.The bite was so dead we just made the best of the day and built our selves

a fishing mascot.Funny all the birds took off.

IMG_0320_1.jpg

IMG_0325_1.jpg

Now our new friend lied to us here he is telling us how big the trout was but it got away.

IMG_0327_1.jpg

We did have one helluva snow ball fight and the kids had a blast throwing snowballs at Glenn and I as we tried desperately

to catch trout.My Nephew became so annoying I chased him a couple of times but the 2nd time I fell really hard on the ice hitting my elbow.

Which hurts like hell and is very swollen.Man I am getting old I came so close to catching the little bugger .Still have my speed just no more endurance balance or durability.Now I know how Terry felt this week :stretcher:

NOW PETER AKA(BITE ME)

I know your missing my big yellow Tweety suit so Peter I have decided to make it up to you.Sorry too warm for the big yellow survival suit.

Are you ready!!!!!!!!

Scroll down

IMG_0333_1.jpg

So Peter what do you think of this tie.I bought it for you for Christmas Bud.

I hope you like it :whistling:

Well folks sorry for the lack of fish but sometimes you just have to make the best of the day.

I look forward to the next ice fishin adventure.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Great report Mike! Looks like a nice place. That is quite the sleigh that they use as a people mover.

Don't worry about the skunk - Ice Fishing is just getting started - you'll get'em next trip.

Just got to ask - does anybody else notice that the snowman has a striking resemblance to T.J.

Don

Thanks for the report, Dude. That Ryan fella is a tough little guy when it comes to fishing eh?

I have to wonder at the mental stability of a guy who gets up in the middle of the night to take a picture of his clock radio though.

Great report and pics Mike!!!

I feel sorry for the Tadpoles, they're definately Troopers! You'd better watch out for Ryan, that dinged up eye is definately going to earn him a big fish in the near future with the Fishing Gods!

I see one of your old fishin' buddies followed you out on the ice...

Bambi-flwr-distracted.png

See ya next time Mikey!!!

Excellent Pictures Mike. I loved going to the Laurentians to visit my Brother in Val David close to Ste Agathe. Mostly to fish Brookies in the Doncaster River. A spot beside Mohawk land (Hint). There is no lake in Algonquin park that could beat this place for Brookies. What I like about the area is the pristine waters and its less than an hour from Montreal. Lets see, what I know, Excellent bass and pike in Lake Champlain Vermont. Landlocked Salmon and Rainbow trout in Memphremagog lake, And walleye, Bass, Trout in the Laurentians. Not to mention trout in thee Lachine Rapids. Only 45 minutes or less from Mtl.

Excellent Pictures Mike. I loved going to the Laurentians to visit my Brother in Val David close to Ste Agathe. Mostly to fish Brookies in the Doncaster River. A spot beside Mohawk land (Hint). There is no lake in Algonquin park that could beat this place for Brookies. What I like about the area is the pristine waters and its less than an hour from Montreal. Lets see, what I know, Excellent bass and pike in Lake Champlain Vermont. Landlocked Salmon and Rainbow trout in Memphremagog lake, And walleye, Bass, Trout in the Laurentians. Not to mention trout in thee Lachine Rapids. Only 45 minutes or less from Mtl.

Yup your memory is right on dude.Still the same.unfortunately the Mont-Laurier region is getting fished out so you have to drive to Reservoir Gouin for the better walleye fishing.The Lanaudiere region remains tops for trout fishin 45 minutes North of Joliette.

:thumbsup_anim: