I got a deer this morning!

Corey

Heading north on Park Rd in Grimsby, deer in the other lane pulled a Uturn and stopped and squatted in front of my van... Cosmetic damage only... pics later... I told the cop how I sat out in the wind and cold with a shotgun for a week and didn't shoot anything and laughed about what it took for me to get a deer this year. I may post pics of the deer as well later too. I will warn before doing so though.

cd.

Well it got gutted out this morning, broken leg, broken ribs and the organ cavity was full of blood. Otherwise the meat doesn't seem too bad off... It's hanging right now, most likely until next weekend.

Dropped the van off at Eastgate Ford like my insurance company requested. Got the rental... a Focus (ugh).

I was already on the brakes so the impact wasn't too bad, for me at least.

Guy at the repair place will email me pics of the van tomorrow, although it really isn't all that bad, some broken plastic, bent hood and cracked windshield.

I should get out to see the deer sometime this weekend, it's hanging nicely.

cd.

Been there...done that!!! I am not a hunter...though I wish I had been introduced to it... so a few years back I had to use my VW Golf to bag myself one. Heading up to Pefferlaw to get a few perch through the ice one January morning.

Wrote my car off, but my fishing buddy and I where OK.

Glad to hear you are OK as well. Enjoy your harvest !!!