Tip for those wanting to use their Lowrance for ice fishing

irishfield

So with what appears to be a lack of Canadian official dealers of LEI products and their website refusing to ship to anyone in Canada.. I went out in seach of the proper PC-28-BL power supply cord so I could take my Lowrance 102C from the bow of my boat and use it for ice fishing. Was in Bass Pro, today, going thru their limited supply of LEI products. Only three power supply cords on the pegs... and none the right one...or so I thought. They had about 50 of the PC-23X that is supposed to be for the X-51/71/91 Fishmark series. It is a grey connector... not blue. I noticed it had the same power pin locations as my 102C and connector indent/bump locations... just minus all the pins for network and data... that aren't needed for ice use. Took it out of the package... walked over to the electronics counter..whipped a Lowrance unit off the gimbal display and bingo...fits right on. Got it home and powered it up..good to go.

So if you are looking for a spare power supply cord for you newer Lowrance that takes the blue connector for power...to use it for ice fishing... the PC-23X works just fine in place of the multi pinned PC-26BL $36.99 + tax in BPS.

Did well.. got out of there only short $174.. the power cord..waterproof box..2 round downrigger balls that I can drag bottom safer with than sharks..and a couple spoons and some snap swivels. And yes Deg.. hid it all 'till after Christmas.. LOL

Note... the PC-26BL is spelled out for all the following units.

GlobalMap 3300C, GlobalMap 3500C, GlobalMap 3600C iGPS, GlobalMap 4800, GlobalMap 4900M, GlobalMap 5500C, GlobalMap 6500C, GlobalMap 6600C HD, GlobalMap 7500C, GlobalMap 7600C HD, GlobalMap Baja, GlobalMap Baja C, LCX-110C, LCX-111C HD, LCX-17M, LCX-20C, LCX-25C, LCX-26C HD, LMS-330C, LMS-332C, LMS-334C iGPS, LMS-335C dumb ass, LMS-337C dumb ass, LMS-339C dumb ass iGPS, LMS-480, X100C, X102C, X105C dumb ass, X107C dumb ass, X125, X126DF, X135, X136DF, X136DF, X52, X59DF

Edited by irishfield

The box worked well at check out... threw everything in and walked out the door. Easier than two 10 lb balls in a plastic bag for sure ! Box is to house the battery, finder, etc. Already had a ram mount ball and connector...so just mount the ram balls flange to the top of the box and I'm good to go...and really get ticked now when I can now see movement down there but still no bites!! :o

Edited by irishfield

Yah.. I know..but that would be too easy. I was also told (hopefully incorrect) that they're not a Lowrance dealer anymore either... nor is Bay Wholesalers in North Bay. As of late summer we had to order my network parts directly from Lowrance in the USA.

Edited by irishfield

I was also told (hopefully incorrect) that they're not a Lowrance dealer anymore either

Hey Wayne, I talked with Lowrance on Matheson just this morning and he assured me their still in full operation as always and rumors of them leaving Toronto are just that.....false rumors.

Their still the repair / warranty center for Lowrance / Eagle as always, but for any accessories, they only carry a very limited supply and most things would need to be ordered from a Lowrance dealer.......again, as always.

They do answer the phone now as Navico though, but then again, who can tell anymore who

owns what these days ?? :dunno:

Hey Wayne, I talked with Lowrance on Matheson just this morning and he assured me their still in full operation as always and rumors of them leaving Toronto are just that.....false rumors.

Their still the repair / warranty center for Lowrance / Eagle as always, but for any accessories, they only carry a very limited supply and most things would need to be ordered from a Lowrance dealer.......again, as always.

They do answer the phone now as Navico though, but then again, who can tell anymore who

owns what these days ?? :dunno:

Thanks for clearing that up Lew. Not sure who was propagating the rumour... but it was what the marina was being told when trying to get my Lowrance parts this summer.

I also have an X102C that I wanted to use for ice fishing and have had little to no help from Lowrance other than a part number for a power pack that the earliest I can get is 5-8 weeks from local dealers. Do you have any pictures of how you set your's up? Any tips would help.

I've had mine turned on and off since last night..keeping track of how long the battery will last while I'm sitting here to watch it. One thing i've noticed is if you have it on full screen brightness that it drops the voltage 1 volt.. compared to mid level lighting, so I'd suggest running it there or the lowest setting if you can see it good enough.

I'll take some pics and post them up in a bit. Nothing special... a Plano waterproof case, ram mount ball attached to the top.. the ram mount arm and gimble bracket as removed from my boat, the PC-23x power cable, an old 12v - 7Ah battery that came out of our alarm system (I may need a new one but seeing how long it lasts), an old motorcycle battery charger I had and the transom mount transducer that I don't use on the boat (as I have a built in on my motorquide wireless). Total cost for what I didn' t have.. about $65 if you include the Ram flanged ball. I put one notch in the case so no wires ever have to be connected when outside.. gloves on etc. Open the lid.. lift the unit out.. put the power cable in the slot and close the lid... ram mount to ball.. drop the transducer in the hole and turn it on.

That does look good, but do you just hang the transducer right from the wire?

You might want to fasten it to something, because the wire where it attaches to the transducer takes a beating in the cold weather if its just dangling. I have mine mounted on 2 pieces of hockey stick with a bolt thru them to make a T. One crosses the hole, the other has the transducer attached, and the wire ziptied to it......and hangs in the hole. Just keeps that wire from breaking at the transducer, and keeps it pointing straight down.

Sinker

Yah.. I'll mount it to something sinker. Just kicking around what to make up that's compact. I used my hummingbird portable (soft water portable) last year and the year before, just throwing it in the hole. Saw no detriment...but of course I only used it a couple of times. This one hangs really straight...but you're right..it should be mounted to something to hold it straight..since it doesn't self center like the ice fishing transducers.. that mount to nothing it seems but their wires.

There is a local dealer in Kingston who are an Official

Lowrance Direct Dealer for equipment and the accessories.

You can pass this along;

We have all power cords in Stock

And we are an Official Lowrance Direct Dealer for equipment and the accessories.

Most of the prices are the same as LEI Extras.

We will ship anywhere in Canada via UPS

http://lindenaudiotronic.pagelite.ca/Lowrance_Eagle

Thanks again

Randy Linden

Check them out..

There is a local dealer in Kingston who are an Official

Lowrance Direct Dealer for equipment and the accessories.

You can pass this along;

We have all power cords in Stock

And we are an Official Lowrance Direct Dealer for equipment and the accessories.

Most of the prices are the same as LEI Extras.

We will ship anywhere in Canada via UPS

http://lindenaudiotronic.pagelite.ca/Lowrance_Eagle

Thanks again

Randy Linden

Check them out..

Thanks Dave !! Tell him to get on Lowrance's :asshat: then... as their website has NO links to ANY Canadian dealer. Leaves you wondering what they are doing, when I know they removed at least one from their list..and then having none show up for Canada on their websites (Lowrance Canada or USA) makes you think they axed them all. Just checked and now it's showing dealers again... wasn't for the last few weeks.

Wow... 33% cheaper than BPS as well !!! Got that one bookmarked!

Edited by irishfield

Thanks guy's, I was at Virginia Beach Saturday morning, just me, my Arctic Cat, Clam Scout and lots of perch :). The one thing missing was the sonar. I am heading out today to pick up the parts to take care of that. I'll be using Wayne's setup as a template, thanks Wayne!!!

One thing I found during my research was something Vexlar uses to maintain the transducer verticle. They have a float that the cable runs through and a stopper to adjust the depth. I am going to use my Honda handle bar protector to do the same job I hope, will let you know how it goes.

Basshunter