Bly and CCMTs Year in Review - Part 1: Winter/Spring 2007

ccmtcanada

Well, this was our first full year of fishing, and we had a GREAT time out there. This board has been not only a source of entertainment, but a source of great information. We got tips on where to fish, what to use, what kind of fish were in certain bodies of water and where to rent boats.

We also had a TON of help when it came time for us to buy our first boat. We had a great time at the Fishing for Tyler event G2G, Lakair and the fall BOQ G2G and when we needed things like float suits, inline planer boards, tackle, fellow OFNers were quick to offer their assistance!

Anyhow, here's our summary...hope it's not too long!!!

Winter 2007

What a warm start to the year! It was so mild out in Janauary, that our favourite shore spots were fishable. This was my first fish of the year, caught on Jan 5th....and as you can tell from the pic, this pike got my finger! I still have a scar where it ripped at it....LOL.

gallery_60_23_24302.jpg

Once our usual spots froze over, I turned my attention to trying steelheading. After many outings without landing a fish, CANADIAN COPPER invite me to join him and he taught me the stuff you just cant read on the internet. It didn't take long for him to get me into my first ever steelhead. It was a very cold day.... -28 with the windchill, but it was worth it to see my float go down and land this little steelie! Thanks Scott...for your patience and trusting me with some of your fishing spots...it's much appreciated!

gallery_60_22_41334.jpg

For Valentine's Day, Bly did an amazing thing...her gift to me was to rent a hut on Lake Scugog, so I could try ice fishing for the first time! We had a few hits early, but ended up being skunked. We had a great time in the comfort of a heated hut....and I enjoyed it "just" enough for me to head to the fishing for Tyler event....LOL.

gallery_60_23_56890.jpg

The Fishing for Tyler event was great for us! It gave us an opportunity to meet many other OFNers and it also introduced our daughter (then she was 4 years old) to ice fishing. Again, we didn't catch anything, but we all had a great time!! Here's a few pics....

Joey and my daughter warm in the Clam...having a chat....

gallery_60_23_64076.jpg

Here's Bly doing a little jigging!

gallery_60_23_66357.jpg

CANADIAN COPPER was nice enough to take Bly out to try and get her first Steelhead, and on March 9th, she got her first!!!

100_4129sm.jpg

We got out as much as we could to hunt these Steelies....here are pics of our personal bests from the tribs. And yes...her fish is 1.5" longer than mine...LOL.

gallery_60_23_1790.jpg

gallery_60_23_14014.jpg

Thanks to Basskicker, we had an amazing trout opener...even though we didn't land any PBs or got into huge numbers, we still managed to go 5 for 7 that day....our best day on the tribs!

Spring 2007

When the trout run was over, and nothing else was open for fishing, bly and I went to our local spots to see what was swimming around and what did we see? Carp! Ok...they are not the most glamorous fish, but they were fish, so we read up on how to catch them. After learning from this boards best carp anglers we got pretty good at catching these strong fish! We had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with MJL, Lazybum, Wolfeville, Victor (and a few others I'm sure I'm missing here) where we had a chance to see the latest carp equipment. We shared great conversation and even caught a few fish! Here's a few of our bigger fish...

gallery_60_23_17411.jpg

gallery_60_23_28464.jpg

Our family season opener in great fashion! We went to the shores of Lake Scugog for this day...

syddad.jpg

dadsyddock.jpg

A few pics from another family outing....

gallery_60_23_153850.jpg

gallery_60_23_3505.jpg

One of our highlights was when bly and I met up with Snag in May to fish in good ole Toronto. We had a BLAST that day...and even got into a few fish...including Blys first ever Pike!

carolepike.jpg

My fav pic of the day was Snag...obviously not reading the sign....and wondering why we were not following him. LOL

walking.jpg

That's it for part one....part two will have the summer and fall...

To be Continued!

Nice year (However, it ain't over till it's over)

If I recall, you dared me to go on those tracks. Or you offered me candy? Can't remember now.

What about this shot?

med_gallery_82_84_56598.jpg

Here is one of the happy couple that I never posted

A family that fishes together, stays together:

gallery_82_84_26379.jpg

We'll get back there in the spring dude.

Man, Cliff and Carole

you guys sure do get around!... and i'm talking about travelling... and fishing every species...

what species have you not caught yet?

im sure you guys will tackle a gar pike or a sturgeon soon.. (im guessing the bass pics coming in part #10) lol

see you guys on the hard water!

kevin