Synopsis of my day

tjsa

Hey everyone, I am still alive. I have had a bad fall season, work and otherwise, but will not get into it right now as it would just turn into one huge rant. I have read the few e-mails people have sent me, but was in no mood

to respond, and I am sorry for that.

On to the lighter side of life, lol.

We got flippin' hammered by snow saturday and into sunday morning.

I got pics, but now I cannot even remember how to post them, lol. Haven't posted a pic since last May.

Synopsis of my day today:

Started the job of clearing snow at 10:30 am, and ended it at 5 pm.

Had to force the door of the house open, took a couple of tries. The winds last night made huge drifts of

compacted snow in front of all 3 doors into my house.

Had to spend a half hour using the scoop just to get to the shed to get to my snowblower. Filled it up, and

off I go. 1 hr. with the snowblower, and now I can move my car, as soon as I shovel all around it to be able

to get into it. Move it back, and shovel both front steps. Move the snow from the steps and where the car

was, and now tackle the compacted snow around and under the truck. Got to the drivers door to get in,

and it won't start. Gots 2 batteries in it, both stone dead. Hook up the charger and leave it for 2 hrs.

Move more snow in and around the truck and quad trailer, go back to the truck, still no go. Clear more snow

from my neighbors driveway to get my car near my truck to boost it. Leave it boosting for 15 min. and up it starts. Back it down the driveway and leave it running to charge the battery more.

Back to the scoop to move the snow from the area the truck was in and in front of the quad trailer. Huge pile of snow, moved 1/3rd of it. Snowblew that pile. Moved the other 1/3rd, snowblew that pile. Decided to see

if the truck has sufficient charge in the battery for restart.

NOT.

Thats when I noticed I could not see the fuel level indicator.................CRAP!!!!!!!!!!.

Leave the truck for now, to move the last 1/3rd of snow, and the snowblower dies, out of gas. Off to the shed

and there is only a bit of gas left in the can I filled the snowblower with.....................no gas left in any of the other 5 cans I have............darn!!!!!!!!!

The unused outboard can still has some also, so all gas left, in it goes, its mixed but who cares at this point. Fire up the snowblower, and finish the mound of snow I moved with the scoop.

Now onto the gas meter, gotta move the snowmobile, usually starts within 10 pulls. NOPE.................DARN, turn on the fuel shutoff you idiot.

It won't move, its seized, UUGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Shovel around it, and drag it sideways to blow a path to the meters of my house and my neighbor.

Now onto the back deck, and I look up. Huge snow load on the back of my house. I own a story and a half, and it suffers from ice damming, so out comes the ladder and snow rake and I spend 1/2 an hour raking it.

Front of house was fine, it was blown clear last night. Now I have a huge snow load on my deck with nowhere to put it until I get the flippin' snowmobile out of the way.

It's getting late in the afternoon, time to call it a day, boost the truck, move it back, put the charger on it for

overnight (hopefully the Anti-Christ starts tomorrow morning on its own power).

Gonna have to walk to work tomorrow morning, but its only a 15 min. walk. Will be very nice to come home tomorrow and find the plows have gone down my street, but it is usually 2 days for my street after a big dump of snow.

Worst thing about this is, if the plow hasn't been by, and I cannot get my car out of the driveway.....................I AM OUT OF BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thats just plain funny!!! Sorry to hear you had such a rough day - but on the plus side, when you walk to work tomorrow - nobody else will have shovelled there walk and you'll be drugging through the snow yet one more time!

Good luck

Don

Oh heck Tracker, it wasn't all that rough, it was just long, with some minor setbacks, but after I got back in the house and reflected on the day, I had to laugh at the events, and post it for others to rib me about it, :thumbsup_anim:

And, I just might need to put on the snowshoes to walk to work, but that wouldn't even raise an eyebrow up here.

WB, Thomas. Sry to hear about your day, but at least you're young. I used to comfort myself years ago by telling myself that there were at least 500 folks within 5 miles that are dealing with the same type of problem as me. Suck it up and move along there, buddy.

You can't just stop posting whenever you want, btw.