Anyone notice it was windy today?

ccmtcanada

Went to check out a shore fishing spot....had my big red bobber, 5 foot combo spincast rod and worms and was met with this.....

waves2.jpg

waves1.jpg

It was kinda hard to see my bobber so I went home...after almost being swept off my feet by the wind.....

Maybe tomorrow....

Edited by ccmtcanada

Yeah around 3pm into 3:30pm a massive snow storm moved into the GTA. With whiteout conditions. It past me by and was heading towards the city of Toronto.

Reports have it that there are blackouts in local areas. The system cleared up at 3:45pm as I watched the sun break through the white fallin snow.

It moved very quick. And did some damage.

dsn

Can't wait to hit Erie for some smallies in that wind tomorrow! man I hope to heck it dies down!

Well good news is the wind forecast (which is rarely correct) says "calm" for winds in our area tomorrow.

Where ya headed? I'll be going for my last crack at the bass tomorrow as well.. largemouth though.

HAMILTON (AM900 CHML) - A full scale search and rescue operation was launched on Lake Ontario for a missing kayaker during yesterday's gale force winds.

The man was last seen off Fifty Point in a snow squall around three yesterday afternoon.

Police say they found the man's parked car a short time later and the Hamilton police marine unit was dispatched.

Officers from Hamilton and Niagara police searched the shoreline without success.

A rescue helicopter from Canadian Forces Base Trenton as well as a Canadian Coast Guard boat were called in to join the search.

The man's name has not been released.

He was fishing from his Kayak... Hopefully this story has a happy ending..

G

HAMILTON (AM900 CHML) - A full scale search and rescue operation was launched on Lake Ontario for a missing kayaker during yesterday's gale force winds.

The man was last seen off Fifty Point in a snow squall around three yesterday afternoon.

Police say they found the man's parked car a short time later and the Hamilton police marine unit was dispatched.

Officers from Hamilton and Niagara police searched the shoreline without success.

A rescue helicopter from Canadian Forces Base Trenton as well as a Canadian Coast Guard boat were called in to join the search.

G

why interfere

it seems to be Darwin theory at work...OK maybe a little help would be in order ...LOL

G

Oh wow....there were small craft warnings and gale warnings all day long. With 15 to 20 foot forecasted wave heights in a kayak....oh man...cant even imagine what he went through. Let's just hope he managed to make it to shore ok.

Well why in heck would anyone be out there yesterday..?? man thats just stupidity :wallbash::dunno::angry: ...and now hes probly dead,i would almost guarentee it...that was a really dumb move on his part for sure,now he prob has his family in chaos!!!well i heard on the news this morning they still havnt found anything yet,so hes a goner for sure... :dunno::glare:

They found that kayaker.....

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/280675

Kayaker found dead in Lake Ontario

Nov 28, 2007 11:16 AM

Tamsyn Burgmann

Staff Reporter

A kayaker who went missing on Lake Ontario yesterday amid snow squalls and high winds was found dead this morning along the Niagara shoreline.

The Brantford man, 45, was still in his kayak when his body was discovered around 9 a.m. near Grimsby, said Hamilton police Acting Staff Sgt. Chris Wills.

Concerned individuals in Fifty Point Park first called police around 3 p.m. Tuesday when the man left shore despite treacherous weather. He was wearing a wetsuit.

A search team, including members of the Canadian Coast Guard and the Hamilton and Niagara police marine units, set off in winds gusting up to 90 km/h and waves three to five metres high, but had no success last night.

“We had to pull our boat back because it was starting to ice up,” Wills said, adding a helicopter from Canadian Forces Base Trenton searched until the early hours of the morning.

Police haven’t yet released the man’s name.