the MNR

Terry

ok I tried to get my 3 year card and licenses online..no you can't do that....

yesterday I got the renewal card in the mail so $136.77 later it's back in the mail..wonder how long it will take to get the new one back to me...any bets

OK 2006 was the last time they changed the regs, because they couldn't get the 2007 regs. out in time..so they said

does anyone think they will have the 2008 regs. out before 2008 before 2009 or maybe just early Feb. 2008...

I mean they have had 2 years to get the regs together and up on the website, how hard is it............

there I feel better already

Also note anyone with an apostrophy in their last name can't renew on line. They don't have a smart enough programmer apparently to avoid the syntax error that generates. I had to renew by mail last year because they couldn't work around that one (and it's 5 minute programming fix) !

and it was the 10th of nov. I tried

here is the email they sent me

Greetings,

Unfortunately our systems are not yet set up for renewal, which is why

it did not give you the option online. You will receive a renewal

package towards the end of the month, and at that time you can go online

or on our automated telephone system to renew, and you would get your

new card within 20 days.

Regards,

Outdoors Card Centre

Ministry of Natural Resources

1-800-387-7011

Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm EST

www.outdoorscard.mnr.gov.on.ca

-----Original Message-----

Sent: November 10, 2007 11:56 AM

To: Outdoors Card (MNR)

Subject: licence renewal

Also note anyone with an apostrophy in their last name can't renew on line. They don't have a smart enough programmer apparently to avoid the syntax error that generates. I had to renew by mail last year because they couldn't work around that one (and it's 5 minute programming fix) !

None of my credit cards have an apostrophe either. All that is needed is for the field to aoutmatically parse the apostrophe into ’ so that it doesn't mangle the input. Unfortunately this often results in a /' instead of just '.

None of my credit cards have an apostrophe either. All that is needed is for the field to aoutmatically parse the apostrophe into '& #146;' so that it doesn't mangle the input. Unfortunately this often results in a /' instead of just '.

Got my renewal form in the mail on Friday and renewed via the phone system. It was easy and fast... the only potential draw back being, I have to wait for the card to come in before I can fish in 2008. They said on the phone that it would take up to 20 days for the card to arrive. I hope they have their poop together as I may/will want to hit Quinte again early in the new year and would prefer to be "legal" at that time!

HH

Got my renewal form in the mail on Friday and renewed via the phone system. It was easy and fast... the only potential draw back being, I have to wait for the card to come in before I can fish in 2008. They said on the phone that it would take up to 20 days for the card to arrive. I hope they have their poop together as I may/will want to hit Quinte again early in the new year and would prefer to be "legal" at that time!

HH

HeadHunter, you should have gotten a temporary license e-mailed to you. Print it and stick it in your wallet. Pretty sure they do that will all renewals. They did with me anyway...

Why dosnt the entire online community for Ontario set-up some big protest at Queens.

The new minister has got to go, major changes in the system need to be done.

It isn't the MNR holding up the regs it is the federal government. Try and give the new Minister a few weeks on the job before we arrange for a tar and feather.

Rick, I wasnt reffering to the Lic. aspect of it.....just the general overhaul of everything.

Last year I didnt have my card on me (my own fault) and was stopped by an officer.

She called in my name and number and said it wasnt in the system yet for the year, keep in mind this was October.

I know the feds wont put anymore money into it but we atleast need to try.

Theres no need to wait for the tar and feather, she should have never been

given the job in the first place. I guess its the same situation as Mr Fergusson

and MLSE. Why wait for things to go further in the wrong direction?