Quinte weekend G2G

Shelley Cooper

Sorry for the delay in posting, Kept having trouble with photobucket... grrrrr

Finally headed out to BOQ Thursday afternoon around 4pm as we both had to work part of the day. Taking the back roads down took us a little longer, but we avoided the Toronto rush hour traffic, and landed at Cara’s just before Sam was about to close the doors.

We all chatted a bit and I snooped around the store while Chuck and Sam talked about hunting.

Chuck got to hold the big “rack” that Sam posted last week.

BOQ2007001.jpg

We bought a few things and just before leaving, remember we wanted some minnows and worms. We tried to pay Sam for them, but he wouldn’t hear of it. He gave us some tips on where to fish, and we were off. Thank you Sam, that was very nice of you….and your tips sure paid off for us.

We arrived at Merland’s around 10 pm and got ourselves unpacked and set up.. Enjoyed the company of those already there and hit the hay around 1am…

Friday mornings view from the deck of “Pickerel Palace”

BOQ2007003.jpg

We were all anxious to get out for the morning bite, but we couldn’t do anything but dock the boat until we got our things moved from this cottage, to cottage 10. (as Joey has already mentioned) so we sat around enjoying coffee and the company.

BOQ2007007.jpg

Vatordude and his youngbuck (Kyle) arrived early Friday morning and came in to warm up.. Nice to meet you two..

BOQ2007008.jpg

We finally changed cottage and got on the water for a couple hours before dark and Chuck got his first personally best walleye around 8pds on a Barbie reef runner.

BOQ2007013.jpg

Saturday morning we were up bright and early and on the water. Getting ready for the take off..

BOQ2007018.jpg

Within the first hour I get my PB walleye around 8 pounds on a watermelon reef runner and an entry for the derby.

BOQ2007020-1.jpg

We continued to try several areas, trolling and trolling. Chuck decided to try out his little kicker motor and a T.J. pose..

BOQ2007022.jpg

We decided to go back to Merlands for a hot lunch and try again for the late afternoon bite. It was suggested we try Thompson’s point, and we did. Chuck gets his second PB of the weekend and the winning fish of the day. Over 11 pds and 30in long.

BOQ2007027-1.jpg

Dark hand came and it was time to get off the water and go enjoy that wonderful potluck dinner. The spread was amazing; one couldn’t possibly have a taste of everything that was there. Thank you to everyone who helped put the potluck dinner together.

Sunday morning we got out for a couple hours. The wind was crazy and it was hard to keep the boat on course once you got out around the big plant. We headed back in around 10 am to pack up and be out of the cottage for 11 am with no more luck with the fishing.

Although Roy had arrived late Friday night, we hadn’t really got to see him as he was feeling very sick. Upon our return Sunday morning, Roy was up and feeling somewhat better. Good to see you again Roy.

BOQ2007025.jpg

We’re all packed up and ready to go. Joey with her cam out, checking on her pic’s..

BOQ2007040.jpg

It was great to spend the weekend, sharing a cottage with you and Paul again. We had a really good time. Thanks for bringing me the olives. I hope you enjoy the wild leeks.

It was a great weekend, had by all I’m sure. It was the best for me as this is the first walleye I’ve every caught on the BOQ and my PB as well.

It is always a pleasure seing those we already new and meeting people we hadn’t met before. Thanks again to everyone for a great weekend. I hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Shelley

Shelley, what a fabulous weekend you 2 had, with a PB for each of you and then winning the tourney on top of everything else.......can't get much better than that :thumbsup_anim:

Lookin forward to seeing both of you again at Lakair in June. Always good having someone to yak with before the sun comes up ;)

Good to hear Sam is still one of the most generous folks around too, a great member of OFC !!