2 more Canadian soldiers killed

lew

We all know what's going on in the world..

That's why we all use our remotes to change the channel.

Until it touches your own family, nobody really cares or can do anything about it.

How many Homeless died last night?

How many were killed by a drunk driver or crackhead?

(Sorry for the rant, my youngest brother is in the RCAF & was deployed in Arab Emerites,etc. I'm always praying for his safety!)

Edited by danbo

I'm speaking for myself only Lew.

Maybe you & I should volunteer, then none of our kids or grandkids gotta fight some foreign countries problems for 'em.

Why are our forces there exactly?

Edited by danbo

My condolences go out to all of the soldiers families and friends an all affected by such.

We are there because of our government , we are following the US in the" WAR AGAINST TERROR"

or the $$$...

I was in Bosnia in the 90's when we were as Canadians , still PEACEKEEPERS but now we are embedded in there for the long haul as soldiers..I have seen my share of active duty .. and do not wish the results of war on any family.

I quit the forces immediately after my tour as did 13.000 of us.

I also wish condolences to the friends and families of our most recent casualties of war against an unjust and barbaric people called the Taliban. If you don't believe me just download beheading or Hostages next time you download a video from bearshare. Danbo just for you Id like to enlighten you a wee bit. One thing is I believe Lew is a Vet and he has sacrificed his time as well as a others that are members of OFC so we can make this place a safer one or clean up some other countries War. Personally myself clearing Mines and Unexploded Ordnance's for our own Soldiers as well as the war torn populations. In my case Kuwait, Iraq, Bosnia, Croatia, as well as Macedonia. Not once did I ask myself why I was there. I did my job no matter how Dangerous in the name of this country that so many people are willing to hide behind our flag but quick to criticize our motives. We are apart of an ALLIANCE called NATO. NATO is involved in AFGHANISTAN at the Request of the Afghan Government and UN. I would be ashamed of this Country if we did not do our part. How can anybody ever step on American or British Soil if we did not do our part. I would not even be able to look at an American or Brit or any other NATO nation in the eye without feeling like a Coward. Iraq and Afghanistan are two different wars as far as the federal Government is concerned. If we were puppets we would also be fighting in Iraq, however our/your government said no because they knew that it would not be right if it wasn't sanctioned by the UN. Personally I think that Canada should not do any more soldiering for the UN because It didnt work in Rwanda, Former Yugoslavia, Somalia just to name a few. Yugo is at relative peace only because of NATO. Now as far as the Links, why don't you find something more positive especially when this thread was a condolence for our country men, especially Quebecers who volunteered their lives so our critics can sit on their Fat Butts and enjoy Canadian life, because if you seen what I seen, you would shut your mouth and cry or at least think about our people that are Brave and showing the other Countries and Army's on how brave we are and that we deserve the country that we have been blessed with. As far as pulling out of Afghanistan, where I come from, only losers quit before the job is done or the going gets rough. Lets not all of us hide behind the skirts of our woman.

Id like to point out one thing that really saddens me so far. Why are so many Medics getting Killed or Maimed?

Are they getting targeted specifically? If not its an uncanny coincidence

I also wish condolences to the friends and families of our most recent casualties of war against an unjust and barbaric people called the Taliban. If you don't believe me just download beheading or Hostages next time you download a video from bearshare. Danbo just for you Id like to enlighten you a wee bit. One thing is I believe Lew is a Vet and he has sacrificed his time as well as a others that are members of OFC so we can make this place a safer one or clean up some other countries War. Personally myself clearing Mines and Unexploded Ordnance's for our own Soldiers as well as the war torn populations. In my case Kuwait, Iraq, Bosnia, Croatia, as well as Macedonia. Not once did I ask myself why I was there. I did my job no matter how Dangerous in the name of this country that so many people are willing to hide behind our flag but quick to criticize our motives. We are apart of an ALLIANCE called NATO. NATO is involved in AFGHANISTAN at the Request of the Afghan Government and UN. I would be ashamed of this Country if we did not do our part. How can anybody ever step on American or British Soil if we did not do our part. I would not even be able to look at an American or Brit or any other NATO nation in the eye without feeling like a Coward. Iraq and Afghanistan are two different wars as far as the federal Government is concerned. If we were puppets we would also be fighting in Iraq, however our/your government said no because they knew that it would not be right if it wasn't sanctioned by the UN. Personally I think that Canada should not do any more soldiering for the UN because It didnt work in Rwanda, Former Yugoslavia, Somalia just to name a few. Yugo is at relative peace only because of NATO. Now as far as the Links, why don't you find something more positive especially when this thread was a condolence for our country men, especially Quebecers who volunteered their lives so our critics can sit on their Fat Butts and enjoy Canadian life, because if you seen what I seen, you would shut your mouth and cry or at least think about our people that are Brave and showing the other Countries and Army's on how brave we are and that we deserve the country that we have been blessed with. As far as pulling out of Afghanistan, where I come from, only losers quit before the job is done or the going gets rough. Lets not all of us hide behind the skirts of our woman.

Id like to point out one thing that really saddens me so far. Why are so many Medics getting Killed or Maimed?

Are they getting targeted specifically? If not its an uncanny coincidence

My condolences to the families.

Holdfast... I would love to have a beer with you some day.. I think you might come across the board a little harsh...with text it is hard to see a persons expression.. But I think you would be an interesting fella to spend a day in the boat with.

G

Edited by Gerritt

No problem Gerrit. Love to have a few brewskys with you. Ive always had a hard time being politically correct, seems the kinder gentler army didnt agree with me since off the wall Human Rights infiltraded the military.. There is one thing that I know though, for the Armys sake, Afghanistan had to happen. The military was becoming a passive, snow shoveling, Observing but "cant do anything" peacekeepers with outdated equipment and tactics. Canadas cheapest public servents that relied on food stamps to keep a family. Unfortunately it takes a war to wake up. However for some people, theyll never be grateful for what their fellow country men have sacrificed. Can you imagine Christmas music at Walmarts before rememberance day.

Yo Holdfast..I'm no coward.

Neither are any of us others that haven't "served" in the forces.

You joined-up to get paid, its a job with high risks.

I didn't join up for my own reasons.

If this site wants to talk about everything under the sun, then there will be differences of opinion.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage? Legalizing pot? Prostitution? Taxation? etc...................................................................

Yo Holdfast..I'm no coward.

Neither are any of us others that haven't "served" in the forces.

You joined-up to get paid, its a job with high risks.

I didn't join up for my own reasons.

If this site wants to talk about everything under the sun, then there will be differences of opinion.

What are your thoughts on gay marriage? Legalizing pot? Prostitution? Taxation? etc...................................................................

What's the point of asking him his views on those subjects?? To find out where he lies on the political spectrum?? Then try to attack him for being (assumingly right wing...sorry for the assumption in advance)? I'm going to try not to go onto a political rant here....but one thing is certain....his views are ones from experience from being over there in countries in war conditions...I'd say thats a lot more reliable than yours.