Snow bass

Mark Kulik

Nice FISH! Those are some really big smallies, big fan of extreme angler, was just wondering how deep you guys were fishing and what kind of presentation really works well this time of year for smallies, was planning on heading out this weekend and wondering if dragging tubes is the best method or spoons and cranks will still work when the water is this cold. Thanks for any tips!

As EXTREME as it gets in this country....

this show screams WE ARE CANADIAN!!

Minnow, give these a try for some big simcoe smalljaws...

best depth ranges from 25 to 38 feet of H20

better fish on edges and ledges, slight drops and rises

Mizmo small jaw tubes we`re HOT!!- (smoke and copper, smoke and blue and Purple Oy)

1/4 oz Tungsten jig heads-

braid to fluoro leaders-

drop shot was not a big factor the last few days-

long-line dragging better option- (I mean really long lining)

Mark got some brutes with a re-vised "Carolina rig" and the soft slammers

(ask him nicely, and he might show you how to rig `em...lol)

All of mine and Chong`s came on the Mizmo tubes;

bite ranged from soft-weed-like mush to line/rod jerking strikes-

p.s.... had to drop back 4-6 feet of line to fish on strikes for more hook-ups;

depended on the weather/wind conditions.... fish turned on when wind stopped,

fish got moody when wind blew and temps dropped....(sort of like how we get when it gets cold eh?)

8 - 10:30 am had best bite both days.

Hope this helps you out...

(don`t forget to bring a shovel to remove the boat ramp snow... having your vehicle slide backwards into freezing cold water isn`t a nice feeling, especially when your sitting in it... trust me, I know first hand..lol)

just remember... respect the beast and release `em all!!

E.A.T.V.

http://www.extremeanglertv.com

Thank you for all the tips Karl and Mark, once again you guys have a great show and you guys always catch the biggest bass, can't wait to head out this weekend and hopefully hook into some these bruiser bass! Will post my results Thanks again guys!

Thanks Minnow-it is what we love to do, catch them and show how we do it! And yes Rodelu, it works great in deep and shallow, we fished like Karl mentioned from 25-40 fow key is to match-up weight to maintain bottom contact , I used a Tru-Tungsten worm weight 3/8 with a glass and ceramic, bead for a bit of noise, this draws their curiosity, the Tungsten is better for this application, as you can litterally feel the bottom composition, the smaller size of tungsten also means fewer snags, hope this helps. Mark

All of my fish came on a new colour from Mizmo called Purple Goby! It has been working great on most large bodies of water for Smallies, Erie, Simcoe & Ontario. Purple Oyl has been a favourite of mine for years but now that Mark & Karl have discovered it :rolleyes: ... Fireline or 100% Flourocarbon is another key elemeent is fishing at these depths.

Cheers,

Dave