Am I wishfull thinking, or did I just hear on the radio

irishfield

Hon. Donna Cansfield,

As Minister of Natural Resources... I have a quick question...Ok maybe I have more then one..

Have you ever hunted or fished?

If the answer is no how do you expect to be able to manage a department that is devoted to the above? When you have little to no experience with either?

No wonder people are dismayed with the MNR and see it as a farce. Putting people in leadership roles without having walked the walk. You cannot accurately assess a situation from behind a desk at Queens Park, or having a picnic in High park... I just hope you don't further damage an already fragile department.

Will you put more CO's out there in the field protecting our resources? Will you make sure they have gas in their trucks to do their jobs? (incase you did not know... They can not afford gas for regular patrols)

Will you look at reinstating the Spring bear hunt? The science is flawed we all know that, as it was paid, bought and financed by private interests... Want the truth about bears? Talk to the people living in Northern Ontario that are dealing with them... They walk the walk, hard to know what a bear problem is in Etobicoke

Looking at your Bio you appear to be more of a Environmental Crusader then someone who has knowledge or compassion in our hunting and fishing traditions, if you would not mind... Would you tell me if you have any affiliations with any private environmental entities/campaigns?

You now have tens of thousands of sportsmen and women looking at you now,

Time for some answers to the tough questions,

Sincerely,

Gerritt W. Aalbers

Will you put more CO's out there in the field protecting our resources? Will you make sure they have gas in their trucks to do their jobs? (incase you did not know... They can not afford gas for regular patrols)

This is one answer I would like a response to.

I wish I had my camera the other day when I seen a local MNR truck that was rusting out and the logo half missing. Total disgrace.

A couple of guys names come to mind to represent the MNR. John Kerr,Wil Wigman. IMO

Already chatted with The Donna, before the election about the same topic. Will be very happy to get all up in her grill about this. I elected her, personally, so this is my chob.

Gerritt, I will borrow conservatively from your post above.

Edited by douG

Nothing will change. The Minister is just a puppet. It's time that we all realized that. The future of our resources is in our hands. Not the provincial or federal governments. The writing has been on the wall for years, despite douG's chob.

I just called Cansfield's constituency office and introduced myself, requesting a meeting with her on our behalf. Since this is a portfolio issue, any interviews or meetings will be done out of Queen's Park. Chief of Staff is Sarah Baker, who will contact me when she is good and ready.

I'm interested in getting point of view from my brother who works for MNR out of Peterborough.

I just called Cansfield's constituency office and introduced myself, requesting a meeting with her on our behalf. Since this is a portfolio issue, any interviews or meetings will be done out of Queen's Park. Chief of Staff is Sarah Baker, who will contact me when she is good and ready.

A great initiative on your part, thank you.

I'm interested in getting point of view from my brother who works for MNR out of Peterborough.

Has he got gas, Doug?

Already chatted with The Donna, before the election about the same topic. Will be very happy to get all up in her grill about this. I elected her, personally, so this is my chob.

Gerritt, I will borrow conservatively from your post above.

I think I need more training on being less brash.. what do yah think?

not that it matters.... Opps there I go again! ;)

Gerritt.

• 4 weeks later...
Have you ever hunted or fished?

If the answer is no how do you expect to be able to manage a department that is devoted to the above? When you have little to no experience with either?

If the Ministry of Natural Resources is “devoted” to Fishing and Hunting would it not be called the Ministry of Fishing and Hunting? In fact fishing and hunting is part of a much larger portfolio encompassing Forestry, Mining, Land and Water management, Parks and Recreation etc. Look it up and learn something about the department before dismissing Donna Cansfield for not fishing or hunting.

Wow, what "great" intro. Welcome to the........., ah I will wait little bit with invitation. BTW, do you fish and/or hunt????

I've just missed this. :dunno: , but your handle says "never fished". fair enough, but if you also do not hunt, so forgive me my ignorance, but ( and I'm trying hard to be very polite ) WHAT THE HE$$ YOU DOING HERE

If the Ministry of Natural Resources is “devoted” to Fishing and Hunting would it not be called the Ministry of Fishing and Hunting? In fact fishing and hunting is part of a much larger portfolio encompassing Forestry, Mining, Land and Water management, Parks and Recreation etc. Look it up and learn something about the department before dismissing Donna Cansfield for not fishing or hunting.

Thanks for pointing that out Donna :) .

Good laugh on the end of the working day is a Great Laugh :thumbsup_anim: Thank you :whistling::whistling:

I was wondering that too keram lol...Neverfished If you'd like to learn something about our wonderful sport ask, I know most members would be willing to help you out as would I, hell if its possible I'd even take you to fish or hunt somewhere if you can help contribute to the board in any manner, and if you are interested in learning a thing or two. The MNR, though not engaged solely in hunting and fishing management, has an enormous responsibility to outdoor enthusiasts in these sectors as they greatly affect the economy and the resources we have. The MNR, although unable to do as much as they should because of their underfunding, deals with hunting and fishing in most sectors in some way or another. I wouldn't choose someone who doesn't hunt or fish or is unaware of the importance of these activities to the economy, Canadian society as well as a long Canadian hunting, fishing and trapping tradition.

Bill Parker

Hmmmm you must be a politician "Never Fished".

I can tell because, instead of answering the question, you simply replied with a snotty, non constructive, attitude.

Maybe try responding again with something constructive, maybe try and appease some of us.

You remember us right ? We're called taxpayers as well as Outdoors people. We have the right to ask these types of questions. You might find several members here know more about the other items in the portfolio than you do.

I may be wrong in saying you are politically motivated so please feel free to respond. Try it in a manner that may incite discussion. It's what we do here.

Looking forward to your educated response

Good Luck

Hookset.